PDA

View Full Version : Today:I sold a reducer,a few flush valves and..

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
about 8 hrs with 2 guys to re-work some manifolds...It was a new customer that decided she was sick of fixing her drip system...Some fly by nighter didn't hook up any reducers/filters to the 4 zones of drip or any flush valves...So I'm all excited and feel great about my sale....I get back to the shop talk to the boss, it turns out she is a tire kicking, $$ holding, 4 month payment plan for a 600 dollar bill on 3 different credit cards type of customer...

Boy did I Own myself on that one.....oh well I got to explain a few pitches to a customer with some face time as a salesman....which is good..

but oh well.......I tried:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Mike Leary
05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
You & your boss need to change the batteries in your b.s. detectors more often.:confused:

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
you would roll over in your office chair if you saw the bogus systems she had...

no flush valves...abotu 12 GPM running through 12' inch netafim..

sad really.....

SprinklerGuy
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
600 bucks with 3 guys for 8 hours?

Wanna do some sub work.......my bill for labor alone for 8 hours by myself....would be close to 600 bucks.....

And....why do you need 2 extra guys to re-work manis?

Just curious....

I have done (6) 4 valve manifolds by myself...dug up, re-worked and re-installed...and buried pretty...in less than a full day....

Mike Leary
05-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow! 12' Netafim, wonder if boots knows?:laugh:
Really tho, it's easy to f..k people over with standard irrigation, but drip
brought a whole new breed of bottom feeders to the table...cheap, "green",
no maintance...ad nauseum....good drip/ filters...layout...flushing..Netafim
check valve pipe on slopes...drip will work. imho...spray rules, stomata
needs our help! No offence...Irrishe.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 07:56 PM
oh god no...the 600 was for a addon/ re-design from sprays >rotors..
and it took her 4 credit cards and 4 months to pay it...

I would have to add the reducer/filter to to the 3 feeds of drip...Plus re grid all the shooty work and add flush valves..def 8 hrs 2 guys + materials....no joke..40 $ an hr per man...

Edit-also i prob could minimize the zones of drip to 2 prob if i thought it out right......its a total nightmare and a complete hack job on the landscaper who installed it..

Mike Leary
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't give a rat about "the problem"...how did you fix it, on budget...?
Did you hustle the client's daughter?

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Wow! 12' Netafim, wonder if boots knows?:laugh:
Really tho, it's easy to f..k people over with standard irrigation, but drip
brought a whole new breed of bottom feeders to the table...cheap, "green",
no maintenance...ad nauseum....good drip/ filters...layout...flushing..Netafim
check valve pipe on slopes...drip will work. imho...spray rules, stomata
needs our help! No offence...Irrishe.

Some of the fittings were clamped!? i have never dont that....all of it was a complete cluster....The emitters were screaming out water when they should of been dripping.2 sections Blew while i was checking the system with her right there...While I was doing a walk around with the home owner along her elaborately HACKED drip system(nice garden BTW), none of the connections were looped..All 3 zones had a end.....I mean it was sad.. I wanted to take a picture of how NOT to install drip but she was all over the place....
Truly a Dirt bag install, not made to last any longer than a few months..I left the lady a few couplers and some advice..Told her to do some research on the Internet.....Worst part about the account was that the irrigator/land scraper decided to convince the homeowner she need a new controller
(while she had 4 free zones open on the rainbird)...Also there was conduit inside the garage going up to the controller...Just a complete hack/obvious a contractor was zipping the unknowing homeowner....
oh well. cant win them all

Dirty Water
05-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Did you see any shrubblers?