PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the BEST TIRES?

ATL Lawn
05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I have a 02 Dodge Ram, i haul anywhere from 1500-2000lbs on a pallet atlesat 2-3 days a week.

I cant find a tire shop who carry them in stock when i need them. (i always pop them at the landfill)

245/75/R17

Where you guys shop at for tires?

What kind ya'll use? What a good tire to get? do they make anything better than 10ply?

http://atlanta-sod.com/gallery/Image132.jpg

FERRISBUEHLER
05-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Tirerack.com they also drop ship to an installer near you. Best prices, nice selection!

John

Dirt Digger2
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
you should hook yourself up with a tire distributer in your area...they can usually get tires to you next day as long as your commercial...but you might also want to think about just buying a few extras to have around your shop.

TN Property Services
05-07-2007, 12:27 AM
www.discounttiredirect.com

topsites
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Get a truck tire, and I mean a truck tire, those things you got in the picture look to be some kind of high performance thing they're shoving on you, it's made for sport and offroad but it's made of a soft rubber and it's not a truck tire.

When I say truck tire, I'm talking like an 18-wheeler, just not quite as big.
They're a lot more square, yours almost look like a car tire, kinda balloony.
That, and you have to drive easy, real easy.

True truck tires are made of hard rubber and they last, at least in my case, the life of the truck. Only thing is you have to take it easy, they're not high performance in that sense and they will wear fast if you abuse them, and since they're not cheap, but they last forever so long I drive sensibly.
Another way to tell them apart is the psi, a true truck tire should hold 80 psi, compared to high performance's 40-50.

Plan on spending 5-600+, they're a good $100 each, plus mount + balance + stem + disposal + tax + crap fees.

topsites
05-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I guess what I was saying is you need a commercial rated tire, you might check into this one, I like Kumhos:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+HT&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=475QR6VHT824&fromCompare1=yes&place=17&minSpeedRating=R

(might not fit your truck, that one's for my '95 D-2500, 245/75QR16 - You can also try 225's, those appear to be the two widths available, 225 and 245)...

The 225's are a little less pricey, won't make that much of a difference either way...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+HT&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=275QR6VHT824OWL&fromCompare1=yes&place=14&minSpeedRating=R

Once again, easy driving, those tire widths give your truck a TON of footprint, which is to say it can corner without slip or squeal at most any speed, but if you go through stops and turns as if your truck is a car...

Kepple Services
05-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I use my local shop here, who either has them in stock or can get them same day. I also happen to store my equipment behind the shop so I got to know them real good. I have never had an issue getting tires quick even before I started keeping my stuff there.

JTF40
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
treadepot.com - I am a very satisfied customer. :usflag:

xcopterdoc
05-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Popping tires? Flats?? blow outs? Sounds like alot of expense! If yur "popping" a 10 ply 2500 series truck tire, something is wrong! In fact I'm not sure they make a 10 ply in that size.

MOWALLTHETIME
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
If You Are Popping Tires Then The Only A Couple Of Reasons For This Problem. The First Is Too Much Weight For The Tire Load Range. I Run E Range Tires In All Of My 3/4 Tons And F Range On My 1 Tons Or Higher. You Are Going To Have To Step Up To A Heavier Tire. On A 1/2 Ton Truck Youare Going To Feel A Difference In The Ride. I Personally Use The Firestone Commercial At Tires On My Work Trucks They Are Not As Expensive As Some Of The Other Brands And Are Readily Available. These Tires Are 10 Ply On The E-range And 12 Ply On The F-range. On My Personal Truck I Use Mastercraft Courser At/2 These Tires Last Longer And Ride Better Than The Bfg's And Goodyears I Have Had In The Past. I Have 50,00 Miles On A Set That I Pull With All The Time On My 3/4 Ton Chevy. The Only Other Reason I Can Think Of That Causes Tire Popping Is Speed. Driving Too Fast Either On Concrete Or Off Road With That Much Weight Alot Of Torsion On The Sidewall Of The Tries Which Cause Them To Roll Over And Expose The Sidewall To The Ground Or Pop Due To The Internal Forces Being Applied To The Tire. I Personally Feel That If You Are Going To Haul That Much Weight You Might Consider Looing Into Getting A 3/4 Ton Or Larger Truck. Seems Like You Are Trying To Do Too Much With That Truck.

02DURAMAX
06-22-2007, 04:48 PM
www.discounttiredirect.com

Thats were i buy my tires for my truck...very good place and they will match the price to what any other dealer sells them for..

ATL Lawn
06-23-2007, 12:22 AM
ok let me rephrase i'm not popping.

im getting nailsand debris from landfills/dumps(thanks waste management & BFI)

And we drive in alot of new home construction sites a LOT... so you can just guess what my tires attract.