PDA

View Full Version : Another Weed ID....

drumbo
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I checked several university sites & other weed ID sites on the net. Can't seem to pin these down. Any help would be appreciated!

The Ranger
05-02-2007, 07:13 PM
top weed is corn speedwell.

bottom weed is yellow wood sorrel

drumbo
05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Either way, Momentum FX2 should handle these, no?

The pictures of corn speedwell on the websites seem to be different than the top one.

Thanks for the ID on the second one. Again, the website's pictures vary and I finally found a pic like mine by googling the name you provided.

THANKS, BIG TIME!

americanlawn
05-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Top weed is not speedwell. Looks similar to greenbriar, but I don't think it is.

Need more info. Any thorns? Is it woody? Is it a vine? Sun or shade?

drumbo
05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Top weed is not thorny, not woody, nor a vine. In sun & shade both...appears to be a lighter green in grass.
Pictures are close-ups. They are both around 4-5 inches long.

RigglePLC
05-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Top weed is Veronica filiformis, or speedwell. In a few days it will have tiny blue flowers. Very difficult to kill. It is a winter annual. Arises in October. blooms and seeds in spring. Dies when temps hit about 85 for a few days. Drive is labeled for control.
http://www.lesco.com/NoCompression/Label.aspx?label=063899.pdf

Victor
05-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Top weed is not speedwell. Looks similar to greenbriar, but I don't think it is.

Need more info. Any thorns? Is it woody? Is it a vine? Sun or shade?

Wow Larry! You really know your stuff. I've gotta give it to ya Buddy. :)

americanlawn
05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Top weed is not speedwell.
See:
www.msuturfweeds.net
The site shows pics of all the different speedwells, and the top weed looks nothing like corn speedweel or creeping speedwell (verinica filiformis)
Speedwell has already bloomed in central Iowa, so I figure the same for Missouri.

I don't know what it is. Wish I did.

tremor
05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Speedwell = Dacthal

Those were the days.

Prolawnservice
05-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Top weed is not speedwell.
See:
www.msuturfweeds.net
The site shows pics of all the different speedwells, and the top weed looks nothing like corn speedweel or creeping speedwell (verinica filiformis)
Speedwell has already bloomed in central Iowa, so I figure the same for Missouri.

I don't know what it is. Wish I did.

http://www.msuturfweeds.net/details/_/corn_speedwell_39/

third picture down is almost identical to the picture that was posted, It is speedwell.

drumbo
05-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Even the 5th picture is close enough, no? It has those 3 seeds(?) or buds on each leaf area.

AND....YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

drumbo
05-03-2007, 10:29 PM
The label on Momentum FX2 says it works on speedwell....which would be good since I have some already. I am now realizing how much of a resource this site is to our industry.