PDA

View Full Version : Quick question fellas

lawnmaniac883
05-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I have a church as one of my maintenance accounts and they have a pretty high flowing deep well. Not sure what the specs on the well are but currently its moving about 23 gpm at 48 psi per zone with some variation in pressure, seeing how its max is about 60 when zones are off and pump is just running it seems to me that I could flow more gpm at a slightly lower psi and manage to run 2 zones at once. After manually opening 2 valves at once I get around 30 - 35 psi per pair this is rotors and sprays which shouldnt be mixed but hey what can ya do right?

Anyway the question is can I run two zones at once on the controller? It is an older rainbird controller with a large dial that has knobs to adjust watering time per zone as two smaller dials to set watering day / time to water. Sorry but I didnt catch the model #, anyone know if its possible to wire two valves per zone? Dumb question maybe but worth a shot if it would benefit the pump and save power.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Im not saying i know anything about anything..

but did you set up A/B zone to run @ the same time?

if so what happened?

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 09:19 PM
You have an RC. Yes you can wire two valves together.

lawnmaniac883
05-03-2007, 07:23 PM

Thats what I needed to know, thanks!

Mike Leary
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM

That's what I like about Texans....short..to the point!

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
That's what I like about Texans....short..to the point!

Thought Texas had a lot of TALL cowpokes? :)

sheshovel
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes the saying is that everything is bigger in Texas.

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes the saying is that everything is bigger in Texas.

We have to be big in order to bring balance to both left coasts.:laugh:

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 12:59 AM
We have to be big in order to bring balance to both left coasts.:laugh:

My brother (DFW) says Texas has to be big because it's really just "northern Mexico." :)

Remote Pigtails
05-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Have you heard the joke about the Aggie who left TX and moved to CA?

It raised the IQ of both states.:laugh:

jerryrwm
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Have you heard the joke about the Aggie who left TX and moved to CA?

It raised the IQ of both states.:laugh:That was totally tasteless and uncalled for.

TAMU '76

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 05:49 PM
That was totally tasteless and uncalled for.

TAMU '76

Have another cheese sandwich & loosen up..winter a little too long?

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 06:06 PM

TAMU '76

In my brief (30+ years) career I've never heard of a "nat'l cert.backflow tester". Every state has it's own criteria & test for BATs...do you have some
"in" with the rest of the country?

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 07:36 PM
TAMU '76

They named a university after a performing whale? :)

Remote Pigtails
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM

TAMU '76

Sorry Jerry but I thought it was okay for Aggies to tell ag jokes but nobody else could.

TAMU 79

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 08:41 PM
They named a university after a performing whale? :)

That was totally tasteless..& no cheese sandwich for you..Purp..Shamu.

jerryrwm
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
In my brief (30+ years) career I've never heard of a "nat'l cert.backflow tester". Every state has it's own criteria & test for BATs...do you have some
"in" with the rest of the country?
Well if you check with the ABPA when you take the certification test you can take the National exam and it is a recognized certification for all the states including the state in which you are certified. Then if you go to another state you can apply for certification in that state. Basically what it allows is a retest in each state without having to go through the certification classes in each state. The national certification exam is a little different than the state exam as it also tests on codes from around the country. Plus it was an additional $125.00 over and above the $495.00.

Hopefully that answers your doubting mind. Mike, I'm not some young pup that just fell off the turnip truck, and dropping some BS about my qualifications in this industry is not my style. The licenses I hold are valid, and I was also accepted as an instructor for TCEQ irrigation CEU courses in Texas. I also taught basic irrigation design courses for the Texas Irrigator Licensing exam for approximately 10 yrs with a passing rate of over 75% on a test that has a 45% failure rate for first time candidates.

jerryrwm
05-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Sorry Jerry but I thought it was okay for Aggies to tell ag jokes but nobody else could.

TAMU 79 Ahhh..alrighty then. Long as you're an Ag it's good Bull.

Gig 'em