PDA

View Full Version : DIYer PICS

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Nothing we haven't seen before but always fun to look at.This guy is a top heart surgeon in the Dallas area.
The first is the famous "How do I get water on this side of the fence technique".
The second is the backside.
The third is an es that he pointed at the pot to cause runoff into the bed.
Does anybody else feel that having an exposed label on the head by your front door tacky?
The final two are how I do these small flowerbeds. I also ran one into that pot. We use thousands of the rb 360 ts spikes.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
::runs away::

Mike Leary
05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh, be still my foolish heart...is that a Rain Master remote you're truckin'
with big boy?........Isn't it fun?

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh, be still my foolish heart...is that a Rain Master remote you're truckin'
with big boy?........Isn't it fun?

Look who has just joined the Rain Master remote club.

Mike Leary
05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh good for you....gets you into going fast & billing for it!

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh good for you....gets you into going fast & billing for it!

No not me. I've had a RM remote for ten years. London Rain just got his. Has a pic brand new in the box.

PurpHaze
05-02-2007, 09:44 PM
That doctor's a heart surgeon because he couldn't handle the "brain surgery" it takes to be a decent irrigator. :laugh:

PurpHaze
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Funny... Put that WM transmitter next to my new Hunter ICR transmitter and they'd look awfully similar... except mine has a digital readout screen on it. :)

sheshovel
05-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Nothing we haven't seen before but always fun to look at.This guy is a top heart surgeon in the Dallas area.
The first is the famous "How do I get water on this side of the fence technique".
The second is the backside.
The third is an es that he pointed at the pot to cause runoff into the bed.
Does anybody else feel that having an exposed label on the head by your front door tacky?
The final two are how I do these small flowerbeds. I also ran one into that pot. We use thousands of the rb 360 ts spikes.

Uhhh, yes that is tacky, and so is that ugly old cement edging there for the pavers, and so are those huge brown lines with white writing on them. Of course when you add water plants to that bet they might hide them.
Think there might be a bit too much water on that area now Tails? Well, you can always just run that zone for 2&1/2 seconds at a time, that might do it.

Hey, I gotta get my digs in when I have the chance ya know, please don't take them personaly.

Mad Estonian
05-03-2007, 02:27 AM
It's a nice touch that the chunk of fence he ripped out with his hole cut-out is still sitting on the ground below. I'd hate to see what the OR looks like when this guy's through.

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 08:02 AM

Obviously this doctor doesn't have a trenching shovel in his "irrigation surgical tools?" :laugh:

NCStateME
05-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Here is another good DIY'er picture...

http://home.earthlink.net/~philw12/Forums/hoseendirrigation.jpg

The great thing about this is that you can set the sprayer to mist, shower, stream, or flat mode.

DanaMac
05-03-2007, 09:03 AM

The great thing about this is that you can set the sprayer to mist, shower, stream, or flat mode.

That's a classic!!!!!!!!! I love it.

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:39 PM

Oh, my Effing God! :cry:

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
See... Any monkey can slap pipe together. :dizzy:

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Funny... Put that WM transmitter next to my new Hunter ICR transmitter and they'd look awfully similar... except mine has a digital readout screen on it. :)

Therefore?:confused: I'm going to research those ICRs and see how they compare performance wise. Their is a mustang and then their is the SHELBY COBRA.

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Uhhh, yes that is tacky, and so is that ugly old cement edging there for the pavers, and so are those huge brown lines with white writing on them. Of course when you add water plants to that bet they might hide them.
Think there might be a bit too much water on that area now Tails? Well, you can always just run that zone for 2&1/2 seconds at a time, that might do it.

Hey, I gotta get my digs in when I have the chance ya know, please don't take them personaly.

I gather you like tacky? You stated the obvious and still were critical. Flowers and mulch will cover the tubes. The impatiens won't complain about the water.

sheshovel
05-04-2007, 02:01 AM

Now that application I have never seen, and hope to never see again WoW!

sheshovel
05-04-2007, 02:02 AM
I gather you like tacky? You stated the obvious and still were critical. Flowers and mulch will cover the tubes. The impatiens won't complain about the water.

Now, now Tails I was just teasing you, sorry I forgot the emote for that reply,:rolleyes: :waving: :)

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-04-2007, 05:43 AM

w0w..

I almost fell over in my chair...they taught us that in irrigation school..
but its to complex to understand/copy..
nice work homePWNER!:cry: :cry: :cry:

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Therefore?:confused: I'm going to research those ICRs and see how they compare performance wise. Their is a mustang and then their is the SHELBY COBRA.

LOL... The ICR turns Hunter controllers on just like the WM turns other controllers on. :)

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 08:30 AM
So a combination of the two would be helpful. Install all new clocks as Hunters and use RM on existing. I think and you correct me that on the ICR you index through the valves until you get the one you want? Can you jump from zone 8 to zone 16? How fast is the on/off? Is their a half second pause or is it instant?

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
So a combination of the two would be helpful. Install all new clocks as Hunters and use RM on existing.

Irritrols: Why use a WM pigtail that has to clip to each station when the Eicon pigtail connects to the circuit board? I'd then need a third remote system.

I think and you correct me that on the ICR you index through the valves until you get the one you want? Can you jump from zone 8 to zone 16? How fast is the on/off? Is their a half second pause or is it instant?

I haven't played with it much but you do scroll to the zone you want to fire. There are other "modes" but I haven't had the time to look at it all.

There seems to be a pause when the system is pump supplied. On domestically supplied systems it's pretty much instantaneous. But hey... I'm a government employee and can afford to wait. :)

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Irritrols: Why use a WM pigtail that has to clip to each station when the Eicon pigtail connects to the circuit board? I'd then need a third remote system.

I haven't played with it much but you do scroll to the zone you want to fire. There are other "modes" but I haven't had the time to look at it all.

There seems to be a pause when the system is pump supplied. On domestically supplied systems it's pretty much instantaneous. But hey... I'm a government employee and can afford to wait. :)

I was thinking for you because I know you have the Eicon. I'm guessing the 37 pin style remote will cease to exist 10 years from now. The connector is really a glorified extension cord. I'm just trying to understand how a three wire hookup can run zones without scrolling through all the zones to get to the one you want to turn on and off. On the 37 pin remotes each zone is wired in so you can go straight to that zone.

sheshovel
05-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Now, now Tails I was just teasing you, sorry I forgot the emote for that reply,:rolleyes: :waving: :)

*I said *I was just kidding.......................

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 11:11 AM
*I said *I was just kidding.......................

It's cool-you caught me in a bad mood from having no power for 30+ hours. I'm happy again.:dancing:

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I was thinking for you because I know you have the Eicon.

The Eicon uses a radio with key pads and the zone number can just be punched in.

I'm guessing the 37 pin style remote will cease to exist 10 years from now. The connector is really a glorified extension cord. I'm just trying to understand how a three wire hookup can run zones without scrolling through all the zones to get to the one you want to turn on and off. On the 37 pin remotes each zone is wired in so you can go straight to that zone.

The scrolling of the ICR isn't so bad since we pretty much know what zone we want to start at. We have zone maps on every site with automatic sprinklers and we'll be within one zone even on the largest fields when we fire up the ICR after referring to the zone map.