PDA

View Full Version : How to mount a pole saw

curry
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I just bought the Stihl 131 pole saw. I want to mount it on my open trailer. I can either mount on the floor or on the railing. Does anyone have any pics of how to go about this? Im pretty good at fabricating so will do myself. Ive looked around and havent really found anything on this site.

ed2hess
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
We only take ours out when we need it and we cable lock it in the bed of the truck.

curry
05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I just never know when I will need it. This way I always have it. If I have to throw it in the bed of the truck I will probably forget it and that will be the day I could use it. Anyone with ideas?

KS_Grasscutter
05-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Got an extra spot on the trimmer rack?

advanced irrigation
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
i can make you one, enclosed case, but i need to know where you want to mount it

justanotherlawnguy
05-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Here was how I had my pruner mounted on my open trailer. All it is is a 3 or 4 inch piece of steel tubing welded to axel mounts. the hole was big enough for a hitch receiver lock to slide thru.

curry
05-03-2007, 03:37 AM
justanotherlawnguy, I like your mount. The only problem is mine is a Stihl. It doesnt have the handle to lock something through like your Echo does. You have given me a starting point though. Thanks

KS_Grasscutter, I have the trimmer trap that holds 3 trimmers. I have 2 trimmers and an edger. Dont really want to pull one off. I havent even tried to see if it fits though. I just assumed it was to big to go through the end loop on the rack. I will try.

advanced irrigation, what type of design would you make and how much would you charge? I kinda like justanotherlawnguy mount on the rails.