PDA

View Full Version : burning in detroit

GreenStar
08-08-2001, 08:34 PM
it was so hot today! like 99 or something did anyone see the
tgcl trucks in your neighborhoods? we here all know dormant lawns need a shot of 33/3/6 on a hot summer day.no really these guys are throwing fert on totaly dormant lawns telling my customers their feeding it for a fall recovery.ok guy see ya at the sod yard.

eskals
08-08-2001, 09:11 PM
Come to think of it, I saw two True Green trucks today. I picked up a piece of trash the other day and it turned out to be an invoice for lawn fertilizing. They put down 35-3-5.

Eric

MATTHEW
08-08-2001, 09:22 PM
I worked for Tru-green in the devatating drought in 1988 and they told the customers the same crap. We treated lawns 3 times durind dormant periods. You could see the Sulfur coat piled up. You could see the granite (used as a carrier) piled up. We killed 1000 lawns in a 2 county area. We had to reseed all of them at NO CHARGE! Our office had a $100,000 loss that year.
I think i'll use this dormant ferting thing as a pitch to steal their customers next year!:blob2:

HacMan91
08-08-2001, 09:27 PM
I feel for you guys, this tropical storm has rained us out just about everyday this week. Its going to be hard cutting for the rest of the week and next. Im not complaining we were in a drought last year, this rain should be just the right amount to carry us till the fall.

Randy Scott
08-09-2001, 12:22 AM
Thank god for stupid people. Makes my job that much easier!

LAWNGODFATHER
08-09-2001, 01:17 AM
Hey don't complain

Scott's pulled up to a yard that I was talking to a lady. Put out fert. and came up to lady and told her she had NUTSAGE when in it was realy CRAB GRASS. He gave her a price and she said kill it. Now I had to intervene, told the lady and guy it was crab grass and if you don't know what you are doing you need to go back to shop and throw your tech license in the trash!

He even told her he was going to kill it with a Broad Leaf Herb.

Needless to say I have a new customer but I wasn't even there for that. Just stopped to see if an old friend still lived there.

LGF:blob1:

GreenQuest Lawn
08-09-2001, 11:52 PM
Oh yea saw TG and AAA both large companys in the area spraying the last couple of days.

jeffex
08-10-2001, 06:06 AM
tg told one of my customers she had "brown leaf spot " on her grass thats why it is brown . sprayed on fungicide unbelievable!!! she will be one of my new watering customers

thelawnguy
08-10-2001, 02:44 PM
I learned the hard way what happens when you apply super Trimec to goose grass and crabgrass when its hot. My own lawn now looks like the neighborhood dog peed all over it.