PDA

View Full Version : Kids play area renovation ....

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I have a client that has a 20 x 35 sand play area with a giant swing set sitting in the middle ....It has become weed infested and the sand is nasty to say the least....Do I pull the weeds and add sand ??? pull the weeds and level the sand and cover with playground mulch ??? I am looking for any and all ideas....as bad a job as it appears to be...It looks like a gold mine in labor.

PatriotLandscape
05-03-2007, 07:44 AM
do you have any pictures?

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Sorry no pics right now...

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
BUMP.....come on boys I need some ideas........

Fairway Land & Lawn
05-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Buckeye, I have had to do this a few times. It is a PITA sometimes. I usually tell the customer that the children can't be in the play area untill I have finished, and mark the area off with caution tape. Spray with roundup on a sunny day, come back the next day and begin the job. Rake all dead weeds out, level sand. I use heavy landscape fabric to keep the sand and mulch seperate. Use playground mulch at least 5" thick. That is what I do if it is residential and really doesnt have to follow a strict municipal playground code....Hope it helps a little....I havent had to do many, but I figured anything could help.

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Fairway !!! Any thoughts on the use of the shredded rubber ?