PDA

View Full Version : Getting Neighborhood Accounts

danthemowerman
08-08-2001, 09:39 PM
I was wondering how you would go about getting a neighborhood account (cutting their neighborhood common area). Like how do you find out who you need to talk to when you don't know anyone in the neighborhood to ask. And when you do have customers who you can ask, who do you need to talk to, the president, tressure, ect. and one last thing do you guys ever give the guy who hires you, especcally if you're not the lowest bid, a deal like free or reduced price mowing. Please help me out.

Eric ELM
08-08-2001, 09:51 PM
Find out who the Homeowner Association President or Vice Pres is. They are usually the ones you talk to. The treasurer just pays you. :)

I would name my price and stick to it.

danthemowerman
08-08-2001, 09:53 PM
But how do I find out who the president or vice president is, that is what my question was
And do you give them any "special" deals for hiring you if you are not the lowest bidder, like cut their lawn for less or free?

Eric ELM
08-08-2001, 10:02 PM
If you have customers in the area where the commons are, ask your customers who the president is.

I mow two lawns in the one area that I do commons work, one is the president, one is the vice president, I don't do any favors for either of them. You shouldn't have to do extra's for them, but if you feel you need to, it's your decission. I hope this helps.

wallzwallz
08-08-2001, 10:11 PM
I agree with Eric, I don't do kickbacks or deals name your price and stick to it. If you open the door for favors they will never stop with one they always want more, I was in the condo racket for 8 years it's all favors, politics + BS grief

lawnperfections
08-09-2001, 10:49 AM
Here, its on the citys web page. With all the presidents (500+) and there are phone #'s and addresses too.

Can't wait for my 20 manuals from lawncaresuccess.com to arrive.