PDA

View Full Version : Full Swing

bicmudpuppy
05-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Ok, no God Water today after I shut things down for repairs. Is everyone working half days now? I know if the snow finally quit, Tony and Dana are doing at least that well. Amazing how quickly you can go from bored to robot in motion / ready for spring to how many days til Winter! :)

SprinklerGuy
05-03-2007, 08:49 AM
6 days a week.....14 per day...the rain isn't helping...

My favorite time of year...I have an excuse for being an arsehole....;)

DanaMac
05-03-2007, 09:03 AM
I have myself and my fulltime tech booked up over ten days now, with intermittent appointments all through May. Just hired a new guy that will be with me for 2-3 months, and he's booked up through all next week. I am working all day Saturday and half the day Sunday. Rain is killing my schedule too.

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
My favorite time of year...I have an excuse for being an arsehole....;)

Give yourself some credit Tony. Crabapple, yes... arsehole, no. (At least here. Can't vouch for real life though.) :laugh:

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:07 AM
If it's any consolation another system is moving through our area right now lowering temps pretty good but no rain yet. May be different further up the valley in Gus' area. Anything we get lately seems to move your way within a couple of days. :)

DanaMac
05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
As much as the snow/rain has been screwing with my schedule, I'm glad we're getting it. Better than the drought conditions we were going through. Rained on me most of yesterday, rain and hailed on me three times Tuesday.

And yes Tony is an arsehole in real life............. but so am I!!!!

Just kidding. Yes, very crabby this time of year though.

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Actually... you've both been pretty civil on the forum so far this year in spite of your increased work and troublesome weather complications. If not there's always the "iggy" button until you're later on in the season and over the intial "all-hell's-breaking-lose" time of year. :)

DanaMac
05-03-2007, 09:20 AM
If it's any consolation another system is moving through our area right now lowering temps pretty good but no rain yet. May be different further up the valley in Gus' area. Anything we get lately seems to move your way within a couple of days. :)

I think you're correct. Weekend forecast looks like mid 50s with rain. Maybe I can take Sunday off. Good thing is all the lawns are greening up without irrigation, so the rentals I have can actually wait if need be.

Actually the rentals can all go to he11 if you ask me. Rental tenants are the hardest to deal with. They act like I'm causing them an inconvenience, won't take off work to meet me, want me there after hours, won't answer their cell phone if they don't know the number, and generally talk to me like I'm an idiot. I called eleven of them yesterday and not ONE answered the phone. I was just trying to fit a few in between jobs.

DanaMac
05-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Actually... you've both been pretty civil on the forum so far this year in spite of your increased work and troublesome weather complications. If not there's always the "iggy" button until you're later on in the season and over the intial "all-hell's-breaking-lose" time of year. :)

Oh come on, nobody would put me or T on ignore would they :nono:

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh come on, nobody would put me or T on ignore would they :nono:

Think of it as just another tool. :)

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually the rentals can all go to he11 if you ask me. Rental tenants are the hardest to deal with. They act like I'm causing them an inconvenience, won't take off work to meet me, want me there after hours, won't answer their cell phone if they don't know the number, and generally talk to me like I'm an idiot. I called eleven of them yesterday and not ONE answered the phone. I was just trying to fit a few in between jobs.

They probably think you're a bill collector calling. :)

DanaMac
05-03-2007, 10:21 AM
And the forecast from the Denver Post for Sunday is

Snow. Overcast. Cool.
High: 47°F Low: 34°F

I'm about 1200 feet higher than Denver too. Brrrrr....

Mike Leary
05-03-2007, 06:57 PM
At 3.00 pm pacific, we had a rainstorm that gives us our reputation....the
only two happy sprinkler guys? Me & Jon in our warm offices.

Dirty Water
05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I haven't looked outside yet today.

It rained?

bobw
05-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Well.. in Calgary today, rain turned into the ugly white stuff on us. Had to blow off the afternoon appointments and it looks like I'm gonna start calling up tomorrows as well.... I hate having to reshuffle whole blocks of appointments...

Mike Leary
05-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't you have web cams over Redmond?.....You strike me as a "walk out of
resturant & tell the wife "look at this sprinkler f....p" kind of guy. You'll never
be out of it, it's in your blood.