PDA

View Full Version : Deere Diesel w/ accidental Unleaded fuel added.

1cooltreeguy
05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
HELP - one of our guy accidentaly put unleaded fuel in the diesel tanks and it ran for appx. 50 min until it started loping and falling to slow idle. Both tanks are full of mixed fuel - what should I do?

khouse
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
You must drain everything out. Fuel cells,lines,injector pump,injector lines and change out all filters, even the engine oil. - everything! Purge with fresh diesel. Install engine oil and filter. Then you must hope for the best.

1cooltreeguy
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
You must drain everything out. Fuel cells,lines,injector pump,injector lines and change out all filters, even the engine oil. - everything! Purge with fresh diesel. Install engine oil and filter. Then you must hope for the best.

Hope for the best infers what ? Give me the best case scenario and the worst case scenario.

khouse
05-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I know a guy that washed his air filter out with gas on his diesel tractor. When he started it - it over revved and threw a rod before he could shut it down. I would be scared of that and too much pre-ignition resulting in a piston failure. Just my thoughts.

POPO4995
05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I would honestly take it to the dealer and have them fix the problem. That way you know its done right and pay whatever it costs. If the problem isnt fixed right anyway, then it will cause engine damage and lead to a much higher service bill. Just my 0.02:rolleyes:

1cooltreeguy
05-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, I guess we are gonna drain everything, replace the filters, change the oil, blow out the injectors, put deisel fuel in her and hope for the best whatever that is? The irony of the whole mess is that the mower is s F935 and the twin fuel caps have big D's that are displayed for everyone to see but nobod will admit to doin it. We all know who did it.

khouse
05-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Don't forget the injector lines themselves. You have to be very clean around diesels. Make sure no dirt gets into any lines. Read about how to purge your pump and lines in your manual.

1cooltreeguy
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Don't forget the injector lines themselves. You have to be very clean around diesels. Make sure no dirt gets into any lines. Read about how to purge your pump and lines in your manual.

Thanks, I definitely will do that. E

1cooltreeguy
05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
OK so we did it. We drained both tanks, changed furl filter, changed oil - fired right up - a little smoke - cleared right up then the idle went high. Now we need tofigure out why the idle is a little high - Maybe 1000 rpm. should be 750-800.?