PDA

View Full Version : Spraying roundup in ontario

Lynden-Jeff
05-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey,

Do you need a license to spray roundup in ontario? If so where can I get more info?

Thanks
Jeff

cantoo
05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Yup you do on anyone else's property. I have added a link to the site. There are classes that you can take to prepare you for the exams. Winter is a good time to take the classes just remember that everyone else wants to take classes then too. Make sure you book your space early.

http://www.ontariopesticide.com/optc/default.htm

Lynden-Jeff
05-04-2007, 08:52 PM
It says on there if you are charging for the services, you must have a license. If I am not charging for it can I still get nailed? Also does this pesticides license classify for fert and herbicides?

Cheers
Jeff

cantoo
05-05-2007, 08:28 PM
You don't have to be licenced for fert but you do for pesticides.
It doesn't matter weather you are getting paid or not you have to be licenced and insured. What I've been told is if you are doing it on property you don't own you are being paid one way or another. It might be part of a package, it might be in trade, whatever it is you still need the licence and insurance. My insurance is based on the dollar value of what I apply per year. It's one of the stupidest ways I have ever seen of calculating it.