PDA

View Full Version : I just bought some COMFY boots....

thefed
05-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi-tec altitude IV's....brown, 70 bucks,a nd the most comfortable thing ive put on my feet in quite some time...with the arch support and padding, they are better than my tennis shoes! Supposedly, they are waterproof too...so that's cool

Ive been wearing Brahma boots from walmart for the last year, but my knees are KILLING me, esp walking sideways on hills etc....

I'll let you know how I feel after a day of mowing

Anyone else wear Hi-tec boots? Are they durable?

ProMo
05-04-2007, 07:22 AM
I have been wearin magnum hi tech for 15 years get 1-2 years out of them

FearThisDeere
05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I'll have to remember these. I'm due for a new pair because my Timberland Pro's crapped out after 4 months! The back seem where the black leather meets the boot ripped out. They aren't that comftorable either, especially now.

thefed
05-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I'll have to remember these. I'm due for a new pair because my Timberland Pro's crapped out after 4 months! The back seem where the black leather meets the boot ripped out. They aren't that comftorable either, especially now.

send em to timberland, they will replace them.

FearThisDeere
05-05-2007, 10:11 AM
send em to timberland, they will replace them.

That's a good idea. I'll try to find the receipt.

Classified
05-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi-tec are great boots!

The pair that im wearing now are made by Columbia and I love them. Very supportave and comfy also. they were brown but now they are green.

Plant Buyer 83
05-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Had a pair of Timberland Pro's, wore out sooo fast. Bought a pair of Danner boots have had them just under a year, wearing well and really comfortable.

nt1
05-07-2007, 10:26 PM
That's a good idea. I'll try to find the receipt.

You will not need a receipt. Just call them, then send them in. I've replaced many pairs before with no problems.

FearThisDeere
05-08-2007, 09:23 AM
You will not need a receipt. Just call them, then send them in. I've replaced many pairs before with no problems.

Cool! The only problem is I can't be without my boots for a day.:cry:

thefed
05-08-2007, 04:25 PM
my new hi-tec shoes are great. still breaking them in, so im a bit sore...but thats to be expected with new boots

ne complain is that a small 1 cm section of the sole seems to have separated from the leathe rby maybe 1-2mm. No biggie, and it doesnt look like it can separate further without a lot of effort...but i'll keep an eye on it

other than that...theyre great . highly recommended...esp. for 70 bucks

thefed
09-28-2007, 11:03 PM
UPDATE: unless my shoes are THE exception... STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND

I've worn these for a total of only 45 work days, 5-6 hour days....and so far the right sole has worn thru at the heel, the sole is detached in the front, they are no longer waterproof, and there is not ONE BIT of traction on the soles...smoothe as glass

i give them a 2/10, only because they are comfortable. nut 70 bucks for disposable boots is dumb

Sweet Tater
09-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Yours must have been the exception, I've owned several pairs of hi-tec tennis shoes, forgot what they call them. none lasted less than 3 years. 1 pair of boots and just plain got tired of wearing boots so I gave them to a cousin for work. The lasted forever. Hi-tecs are grat, very comfortable and dependable imo

bobw
09-29-2007, 10:27 AM
This year, I switched over to a pair of Terra boots (http://www.terrafootwear.com/). These have been great; comfortable, waterproof (I'm an irrigation guy) and most importantly, stood up! In a normal year, I go through 2 or 3 pairs of boots, and these ones made the whole year and show very little wear on the soles.

Common Ground
10-02-2007, 02:45 AM
stanly boots with steel tip at pay less 35$

PYMLscape
10-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Where do you Purchase hitec boots?
How do you go about returning Timberland boots? Do they realy send you a new pair????

metro36
10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
The Hi-Techs are some sweet boots. I had a pair and they lasted two years plus they were more comfortable than my sneakers. I have timberland pros how and they are not the most comfortable. My feet are sore after working this afternoon. My next boots will be another pair of hi-techs.

thefed
06-14-2008, 11:55 PM
well, i kept wearing the boots in question....they worked out fine for the remainder of the season, and considering i havent found anything better, i just got another pair...$70 shipped...and black this time! woohoo

Dunn's
06-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Wolverine boots are awesome. I will see if I can find mine they are very comfortable waterproof and steel toe. I think shoe carnival has them for like $69 if not sears has them for $90 and I buy two pairs every January. Buy one get one half of sale. I think this is them http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_067B0028000P

But her is a list of a whole bunch of them and some look even more comfortable then mine.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?keyword=wolverine+boots#viewItems=20&pageNum=1&sortOption=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER