PDA

View Full Version : dream trailer

stslawncare
08-09-2001, 02:32 AM
hey guys, lets say everything was free, didnt have to do any labor or anything, what would ur trailer be like? thinking with ideas of a dream trailer will give me ideas of wat to do with mine.

stslawncare
08-09-2001, 11:47 AM
nobody has any ideas?

mdb landscaping
08-09-2001, 12:28 PM
20 ft long enclosed haulmark, with every rack that green touch makes. hidden nova strobes in the tail lights of the trailer. keeper kreepers for the mowers to hold them down. mini air conditioning unit on the top so the mowers dont get hot in there. huge gas transfer tank on the front of the A frame part. camera mounted rearview mirror set up..... hmmmm. what else?

skipwatson
08-09-2001, 12:40 PM
Porta-potty, Magna-Matic blade grinder & balancer installed, on-board generator...

AltaLawnCare
08-09-2001, 12:54 PM
Some type of power drive on the tongue jack.
I'm thinking about rigging up something on mine this winter -12volt motor probly..:cool:

stslawncare
08-09-2001, 01:04 PM
sounds nice, now how about on a open trailer?

gorrell
08-09-2001, 01:35 PM
How about finding an old RV that was trashed inside, but still had a good engine and running gear. One could gut it and have a place to haul mowers and gear(with a/c )and maybe even keep the bathroom. Lots of possibilities there..............Lynn

skipwatson
08-09-2001, 02:02 PM
Y'know what would be great is one of those Air Stream trailers, the silver ones that are loaded with TVs, cocktail bars, and all sorts of goodies. Just have to cut a ramp access in the back and you're pretty much set to go!

lawnboy82
08-09-2001, 03:02 PM
my dream open trailer would be: it would have a gvw of at least 5 tons, and would only weigh 1000 lbs max. it would have sides that are 3 feet high, the sides would have to be mesh, but would also have to be easily removable. a nice long gate, maybe 6' long, and will take just as much weight as the trailer itself. it would go up and down by just pushing a lever. the jack would be hydro powered, or air powered. nice big bed separators, so that i can put a couple mowers on there, and dump grass clippings or leaves. and they stay put. the dump feature would also be nice. i have other ideas too, but this is enough.

mdb landscaping
08-09-2001, 03:55 PM
how about a mower stacking system, somewhat like a car carrier. you could haul twice the amount of mowers.

WILSON BROS.
08-09-2001, 04:59 PM
I have been building my vision of the ultimate lawn trailer all summer. I started with a 18 x 7.5 flatbed added removable side rails, for loading palets, or straw. Quick detach curbside gate large enough to load a 60 inch ztr. Dual rear gates for easy handeling. Floor mounted d rings go in this weekend. Quick detach trimmer racks are next as well as the fender mounted al. tool boxes. By the way, the rear rampsare about 50lbs each to pick up, but will load a large skid loader.

Runner
08-09-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by mdb landscaping
how about a mower stacking system, somewhat like a car carrier. you could haul twice the amount of mowers.

There is an outfit down in Detroit that has a setup like this. I was in awe when we saw it. Riders on bottom, 4 walk behinds on top. It looked like a kind of scary trip up to the top, too. Even when the ramp came down, it was pretty steep, it had nice siderails on it, but it was STILL pretty high up for my taste.

Back to the dream trailer, how about a closed in, like Haulmark type, with lockable steel roll up sides, so you can have access to your trimmers and stuff right from the sides without having to go up in the trailer (which is afterall the advantage to an open trailer. Also, you could just leave the sides up if you wanted for the day, then lower them for long distances or to lock it up at night. What do you think?

crazygator
08-09-2001, 10:53 PM
While on the stacking thought, how about an enclosed system something like what all the top racing guys use. A motorized upper storage floor comes down and you park several mowers there. Then it goes up, and you load more underneath the top ones. ALso could have many above mentioned tools all set up in a mobile work shop with the cool checkerboard tile flooring like in many of the racing shops and mechanic shows on TV....Hmmm what else. Hire a driver. Hire models in bikini's to pass out cards and brochures with what our services are. Well.....we are dreaming arent we??? LOL!
Oh yeah, just thought of something really important. Hire Eric to give us those awesome stripes!!!

eslawns
08-10-2001, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by stslawncare
sounds nice, now how about on a open trailer?

I have my open trailer exactly the way I want it right now: Trimmer Trap racks for water cooler, trimmers, BP blower, BP sprayer, and hand tools. I put the sprayer on the p/s front rail overhanging the outside, with the blower on the d/s front. The tool rack is mounted on the front rail between them but on the inside. Trimmer and water cooler are on the d/s.

Most guys I've seen put them on the p/s, but after a mower threw something that dented my door, I started to park across from where I was working, which makes it easier to get to from the d/s.

I also have an EZ-Gate spring on the p/s which takes up a little more than half the rail.

Dream trlr might need a more powerful truck. However, it would be an enclosed 6x14 (Maybe a 6x16) with dbl axles, ramp rear door, side door, work bench, porta pottie, painted to match the truck, and nice graphics on the side and rear. BTW, I will probably get this next season.

lars
08-10-2001, 01:18 AM
I would like to install a large dump box just behind the tounge of the trailer. Dump the grass from my walkers in there. Have the box dump with a hydraulic cylinder and put a large barn door on for the tailgate. At the end of the day open the gate and let the box empty itself.