PDA

View Full Version : Install pricing in Mn

mwardy
05-03-2007, 10:48 PM
I have had my business for many years. Mostly service work. Commercial and residential. I do add ons and repairs. I get a few installs a year but not sure were I should be in pricing. The customers that I have installed are very happy and no problems. I own a maxi sneaker and dingo. I am getting more people asking for systems from referrals. Thanks for any help

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-04-2007, 05:48 AM
what are you using for sprinkler heads?
what is your normal GPM?
How much do you have to plum for your POC/backflow
if its a basic pgp install, with poly pipe id toss in 6-7hundred a zone....
price high if you have the refferals..
but im a pup only been it the game for a few years...

good luck budd

bdb
05-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Res....$325-$450 a zone. city water install, 6 zone 5 rotors on 4 zones and 10-15 sprays on the other 2 should go for about $2400-$2500. 4-5hrs to install with 4 guys. And with the plumber....because they could be up to $500 depending who you get and how they plumb it. There's gonna be ones cheaper and more expensive. You have to educate the customer on why you have to get your price. And seeing that you don't depend on it you should get more money and sell the quality of "your" system. An easy way to figure it out is get a rough parts list for a typical yard and have your distributor give you a quote then figure in your labor. I usually go 2.5 times the material cost (on average).

bicmudpuppy
05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I have had my business for many years. Mostly service work. Commercial and residential. I do add ons and repairs. I get a few installs a year but not sure were I should be in pricing. The customers that I have installed are very happy and no problems. I own a maxi sneaker and dingo. I am getting more people asking for systems from referrals. Thanks for any help

your established, working strictly from referals, and you want to know what???? TONY??? come on Tony, post it again :)

Your answer is right there in your post. You want to make an extra effort to be cheaper and get more of these?? Bid them to make money using the basic formula and enjoy the profit!! cost (materials and labor) + overhead + profit = price

h2oman
05-05-2007, 08:29 AM
It's been said before, If you are closing every deal then your prices are too low, and you might be considered in your area a "low baller". Personally my pricing system is $2,500 front yard, For an entire lawn install: my material cost + 50% + plumber + overhead for your equipment + labor = tatal cost for customer.

jerryrwm
05-05-2007, 03:41 PM
It's been said before, If you are closing every deal then your prices are too low, and you might be considered in your area a "low baller". Personally my pricing system is $2,500 front yard, For an entire lawn install: my material cost + 50% + plumber + overhead for your equipment + labor = tatal cost for customer.Pricing varies from area to area. You have to determine costs (L-E-M) overhead, direct & indirect costs. Then add desired profit and you can arrive at a price.

And lowballers abound in every market. Depending on how big your $2500 front yard is, you might be considered a lowballer around here. ie- just sold a front yard with 16 MP-2000 rotators and 8 - 12" shrub heads. Including plumber and poking under two sidewalks, 5 zones - $4980.00