PDA

View Full Version : Loam delivered

lasalle
05-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Just wondering what and how everyone prices a yard of loam (or 2 or 3) delivered. And of course spread,raked and seeded. Do you use a set formula of price per yard, just delivered? and then add your hopurly rate for grading seeding ect.? For instance I'm getting loam for $19.99 per yard, usually don't go beyond 10 or so miles. Also, I don't have a dump truck, I'm using a pick up(F 250 super duty) with dirt boards and shoveling off the back. I've been getting decent prices, just adding the cost of material into the job, and coming out ok, But there has to be an easier way or formula that you folks have been using to make this easier to estimate. I've been doing this business for 3 years, mostly cutting and clean ups, but the demand lately has been for small loam and seed jobs, topdressing ect. The money is great so I'm trying to get it down to a better science(pricing). Thanx in advance for any help anyone has to offer.
Lasalle

Ric3077
05-04-2007, 12:52 AM
I charge $80 per cubic yard installed...seeding is extra

Stillwater
05-24-2007, 04:24 AM
Just wondering what and how everyone prices a yard of loam (or 2 or 3) delivered. And of course spread,raked and seeded. Do you use a set formula of price per yard, just delivered? and then add your hopurly rate for grading seeding ect.? For instance I'm getting loam for $19.99 per yard, usually don't go beyond 10 or so miles. Also, I don't have a dump truck, I'm using a pick up(F 250 super duty) with dirt boards and shoveling off the back. I've been getting decent prices, just adding the cost of material into the job, and coming out ok, But there has to be an easier way or formula that you folks have been using to make this easier to estimate. I've been doing this business for 3 years, mostly cutting and clean ups, but the demand lately has been for small loam and seed jobs, topdressing ect. The money is great so I'm trying to get it down to a better science(pricing). Thanx in advance for any help anyone has to offer.
Lasalle

I am in new england to and I tried to send you a private message to talk about new englands average labor rates but it looks like you have that feature turned off.

MJStrain
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Got a newbie question. What is this loam for?