PDA

View Full Version : More DIYER PICS

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Well I was without power for 30 hours due to a short violent storm with 100 mph downwinds. Today I had another classic DIYer but this was a whole system install not just a minor repair or two. The first pic is the reason for the call. The second pic is the box removed. That is a mass of roots that took the shape of the box. The third is a lawn genie and the light still works. The fourth is the original plan tacked to the garage wall. The fifth is my repair. A little overkill to put a DV 100 w FC but hey every system deserves the same professional treatment. Got two more pics.

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Like my wash up tool? Put it together with stuff in my garage. The last pic is another manifold box in the same yard. Best I can guess somebody didn't want to dig up the box so they piped the 205 over the 2400s.

sheshovel
05-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh my gawd what a holy mess!

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-04-2007, 06:13 AM
I will pray for those poor valves....they deserve a better life than that....

Wet_Boots
05-04-2007, 07:33 AM
The most remarkable thing here is that the light on the Lawn Genie timer hasn't burned out yet.

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 09:08 AM
The most remarkable thing here is that the light on the Lawn Genie timer hasn't burned out yet.

Does the light mean the beer is ready? :laugh:

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Boy, Peter... I'm surprised She didn't get on you for removing all those fibrous roots. Something surely has to die now. :nono: :laugh:

DanaMac
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
It was just WetBoots trying to cram more valves in one standard size box!!

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Like my wash up tool? Put it together with stuff in my garage.

Looks like a larger version of the wash unit a dentist uses. Well... guess irrigation work is a lot like dentistry... hurts like hell especially when you give them the bill. :)

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 09:23 AM

When I saw that light working I knew it would make your day.

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Boy, Peter... I'm surprised She didn't get on you for removing all those fibrous roots. Something surely has to die now. :nono: :laugh:

No telling how long that leak ran to create that mass of roots. I'm sure the HO was suffering "I'll get to it" disease.

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
No telling how long that leak ran to create that mass of roots. I'm sure the HO was suffering "I'll get to it" disease.

Some of our leaks at schools will go until: (1) it starts to smell like sewer, (2) some fruitcake starts worrying about a breeding ground for mosquitoes and subsequent West Nile Disease, or (3) our mowers rut up an area real bad or get stuck. :)

Wet_Boots
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
When I saw that light working I knew it would make your day.Maybe the light is serving as a distress signal, for that system having a atmospheric vacuum breaker pretending to be a real backflow preventer.