PDA

View Full Version : WA, West CANADA, NW USA side note

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
As part of the Republic of Texas cultural exchange program we are sending our TX legend Willie Nelson to perform at George, WA this July fourth. First time out of TX in 30 years. Went to several of Willie's concerts while I was young and rowdy. Lots of bikini tops. Not that you guys and gals seem to have much trouble finding an excuse but it is a good one to forget your age and have a few cold ones.

Mike Leary
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
You really know how to make us feel "old & in the Way"!

Wet_Boots
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Speaking of the left coast, whatever happened to the Mavericks?

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Speaking of the left coast, whatever happened to the Mavericks?

That is a very sore subject with me right now. Should be an interesting off season. This team lacks championship guts. The only untouchable as far as I'm concerned is Josh Howard.

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 12:01 PM
You really know how to make us feel "old & in the Way"!

The best way to fight off old age is to spend time teaching and partying with the young.

Mike Leary
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
The best way to fight off old age is to spend time teaching and partying with the young.

You talkin' about ROTAR?

Remote Pigtails
05-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Don't know if I'd party with him. I get the feeling from reading other responses to him that he is a smart kid just moves to the beat of a different drum. Still on my ignore list.

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 12:37 AM
That is a very sore subject with me right now. Should be an interesting off season. This team lacks championship guts. The only untouchable as far as I'm concerned is Josh Howard.

BUT... The look on Mark Cuban's face after the Warriors pounded the Mavs was priceless. :)

Mad Estonian
05-05-2007, 03:44 AM
We had that local feller, whats'isname, Steve Nash. Didn't he used to play for your Mavericks? Any idea what he's up to these days?:)

Remote Pigtails
05-05-2007, 07:34 AM
We had that local feller, whats'isname, Steve Nash. Didn't he used to play for your Mavericks? Any idea what he's up to these days?:)

You are being funny right? It is ironic how it has all played out. I'm pulling for the Spurs the rest of the way.

Dirty Water
05-05-2007, 01:33 PM
So I take it your going up to the Gorge Ampitheatre in George?

Let me forwarn you, it looks more like texas there than what most people think of WA, but it is beautiful.

Mad Estonian
05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
You are being funny right?

I find with most of my "funny" remarks online, the only person I can guarantee will be laughing is me. But that's better than nothing. The Spurs? Is it that personal? It's not like Nash wanted out of Big D, you can thank Mr. Cuban for that. Him and Dirk are probably commiserating in a bar in Dusseldorf right now.

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Him [Nash] and Dirk are probably commiserating in a bar in Dusseldorf right now.

Maybe they'll head up a little further northeast and meet at a quaint Estonian locale. Cuban would never find them there. :)

Remote Pigtails
05-05-2007, 07:51 PM
You are being funny right?

I find with most of my "funny" remarks online, the only person I can guarantee will be laughing is me. But that's better than nothing. The Spurs? Is it that personal? It's not like Nash wanted out of Big D, you can thank Mr. Cuban for that. Him and Dirk are probably commiserating in a bar in Dusseldorf right now.

Actually I like Nash. More than I like Cuban. So it's not an anti-nash thing. It's a pro Texas thing. By the way because of your desperate plea I'm pulling for the Senators.

Mad Estonian
05-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Maybe they'll head up a little further northeast and meet at a quaint Estonian locale
I dunno, I was reading in the news last week they were rioting in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia (the native Estos and Russky immigrants aren't getting along too well). I hear Latvia is nice this time of year.:)

Actually I like Nash. More than I like Cuban. So it's not an anti-nash thing. It's a pro Texas thing. By the way because of your desperate plea I'm pulling for the Senators.
Yeah, I remembered afterwards where you are, so that makes sense. I'm not too desperate about the Sens, Ottawa's a long way from here (I pull for the Mariners more than the Blue Jays), but I guess it would be nice. Don't know if you caught any of the Canucks-Stars series, but if it's any consolation, I don't think Dallas would've had a chance against Anaheim either, lord knows the Canucks didn't, in spite of Luongo (I bet there's a sports forum on here somewhere isn't there, guess I better stop or they'll boot me over to it). By the way, how's that rainwater harvesting project going? Any progress to report?

Remote Pigtails
05-06-2007, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE= By the way, how's that rainwater harvesting project going? Any progress to report?[/QUOTE]

No, I wish otherwise but this is my money making time so rainwater harvesting is on the back burner.

PurpHaze
05-06-2007, 12:27 PM
... rainwater harvesting is on the back burner.

Aren't you missing a golden opportunity considering all the recent storms that have passed through your area? :)