PDA

View Full Version : used equipment

awm
08-09-2001, 11:50 AM
its getting time to look for that used equipment you may need.
this is gut check time in carolina.every year starting about now
some of the boys decide ,this aint the way to make a living.
sometimes you can just take over payments and be doing the guy a favor.

skipwatson
08-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Very little used equipment available here in western NY, at least so far. But with this draught, who knows? Could cause a lot of people to re-think this business.

lawrence stone
08-09-2001, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by skipwatson
But with this draught, who knows?

A 1/4 barrel of light lager in my U Line tap sysem is my choice in hot weather.

Island Lawn
08-09-2001, 12:20 PM
Cheers to the controversialist Stone !

LOL!

MMmmmmmmm....Draught......

roscioli
08-09-2001, 01:02 PM
THanks for the reminder awm... Now is definately the time, too bad I spent all of my would be profits already, I could really use a lazer.

danlawnser
08-09-2001, 09:26 PM
There ain't much in hickory for sale for a good price. I have been told toward charlotte there may be some things for sale for a good price. I heard a lot of lawn services are going out in that area.

NC Big Daddy
08-10-2001, 12:40 AM
Not so sure about that...Every other truck or Car :D seems to be pulling a "Lawn Mower".
AWM hows the cutting coming along in Stanly Co. Mowing every day down the road in Cabarrus Co. Stay cool....

geogunn
08-10-2001, 12:55 AM
I have read this stuff about the established LCO opportunist buying out the overextended scrubs at a pittance of the original price for their equipment.

if it's this way where you live then fine.

but this buzzard cleaning of the gut wagon of scrubs doesn't happen in my area.

I for one am ready for the feast if it ever happens but I haven't seen it in five years now.

how about all you buzzards posting about your purchases?

GEO

awm
08-10-2001, 08:32 AM
you got a way with word geogun:D

danlawnser
08-10-2001, 03:09 PM
hey nc big daddy,

That is what someone told me. A lawn service buddy just said that around lake norman area there were some going out. I guess he was a bad source.

Tony
08-10-2001, 06:26 PM
Hi , It's hot here in North Carolina this week. After reading all the posts I think you are on the right track. Now is the time to buy or bargain on a Toro or Exmark Z Demo machine. Both these manufacturers have a program to help the dealer provide a service loaner or demo machine but they have to be sold in September. Of course I'm talking about Carolina Dealers. You should go by your local dealer and see if they have any for sale, they may have only 100 hours or less but you'll save $1000.00 or so off the lowest prices you can find. Example Toro 23 HP 62" mower list price is $9199.00 but you can buy them for $6999.95 so a demo you should be able to find for $5999.95.

Nothing Finer than the Folks from Carolina.

awm
08-10-2001, 06:54 PM
its holding pretty steady here in stanly. got 3 hrs of rain last night . not one of my mow areas got any rain ,go figure.
im hanging in ,dont know about the cool part.
you have to really watch the newer services. thats where
theyll make a quick decision and who ever knows them will get the deals. most time its because they have a new job opportunity
and just want to unload as much monthly payments as possible.
good luck an laterTM