PDA

View Full Version : Water conditioning system

Capemay Eagle
05-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I was just curious to know. I have water condition system that uses salt. The past few years my lawn has not looked so good, but this year it is doing great, it looks like a golf course. I have not done much different, but I did change my water conditioning system salt, to non salt pellets. Could this be the difference, can the salt actually damage your lawn through the sprinkler system???. I have well water and my sprinkler system is tyed in with the salt tank. Any opinions welcome.

MILSINC
05-04-2007, 08:42 PM
why is the sprinkler system tied in with the salt tank? salt kills grass.

Capemay Eagle
05-04-2007, 09:05 PM
why is the sprinkler system tied in with the salt tank? salt kills grass.

Don't know, all I do know is all the water goes through that main tank. The previous owners put the system in. We put the irrigation system in about three years ago. Never really gave it any thought untill now. I acctully bought the non salt pellets by mistake and have continued to use them. What a diffence in the lawn...

MILSINC
05-07-2007, 07:28 AM
well, that must be the situation.. the lawn likes something about the new product you are using.. but now I have more questions about the fact that the two are tied together. The first thing I want to know is how and where in the system do you put the pellets in? The second is do you have a backflow on the irrigation system?