PDA

View Full Version : Brillion or landpride seeder

jrlandscaping781
05-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Any opinions from epople who have used a brillion or landpride seeder as to which one is better? Looking to make a purchase soon to use for lawn installs. One other question...do you take one pass, or do you take 2 with one 90 deg to the first?

Mike33
05-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Never heard of it, please give details of it.
Mike

jrlandscaping781
05-05-2007, 12:33 AM
http://www.brillionfarmeq.com/productpdf/LandscapeSeeders.pdfhttp://www.brillionfarmeq.com/productpdf/LandscapeSeeders.pdf

DiyDave
05-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Can't say anything good or bad about landpride seeders, but imho, Brillion is the way to go. I used one when I worked for a sod farm, and I use one on my own farm and for landscaping. Whichever you pick, one sentence of advice: Don't let the sun set on a box with seed in it-empty with a shopvac every time you are done with it.:waving: :waving:

chris638
05-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Definetely a brillion seeder. Anything over one acre, we always use it. It takes a little longer to emerge, but always end up with great results.

muddstopper
05-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Brillion for new seeding on well prepared soil and a Landpride for overseeding or hard compacted soils.

Nelson Tractor company in Blairsville Ga. has a used/almost new 4ft Landpride setting on their lot for sale. 3pt hitch, PTO driven, would work great with a compact tractor. Dont know the price.

jonlavonne
05-06-2007, 05:53 PM
We have always used a Land Pride powered rake followed by a Brillion seeder and achieved good results. We sold the Brillion this year and purchased the new APS by Land Pride. Unfortunately it's raining non-stop here ,so we haven't been able to try it out. Look's like a great machine tho! We used the seed doubling sprocket on the Brillion as we use turf fescues here. The Brillion does require a very smooth seedbed over it's width.

Oasis-Outdoor
05-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I am somewhat biased because Land Pride implements are made here in Kansas. You see a lot of both their primary and overseeders here. I have used their overseeder behind a 50 H.P. John Deer tractor and it is a well built product. On the other hand Brillion implements have been around for a long time and have a reputation of reliablility. Guess you will just have to decide according to price and availability in your area. Good luck with whatever you choose.