PDA

View Full Version : have straight shaft 'yazoo' trimmer- it needs..

mowisme
05-05-2007, 09:13 AM
hi- I got this older 'yazoo' trimmer given to me as it won't run. It has some issues but does have compression and spark. I think 'Yazoo' is a commercial brand, and the fact that it has straight shaft seems to me a good reason to fix? or were they 'junk'. appears well built..but heavy. I know for fact that the centrifical clutch has come apart..and needs replaced ( if still avail.?), and due to having compression,and spark but nothing will make it even kick, I'm thinking the key may be sheared and is out of time? any input here? Is it worth the time/money to fix? I know it isn't a echo or stihl, but does appear commercial grade? thanks. p.s. my Lesco survived the misshap of gas put into oil reservoir..Motor and hydros working now. Thanks to Restorobs help Gene

khouse
05-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think the flywheel key is sheared. Even if it is you will still get a spark. Have you first checked for spark?

mowisme
05-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Khouse..I do have spark..was mentioned in post but must have been overlooked- everything has beed tried That I know to get started (that isn't much thou) and can't even get a 'pop' ..thanks Gene

MowerMedic77
05-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Check your crank seals may have one pushed out.

khouse
05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Try a new spark plug