PDA

View Full Version : My fellow Americans

unit28
05-05-2007, 09:18 AM
This is the end of the world....LOL

Seriously though, when they shut the pumps down, and/ or raise gas pump prices beyond $4.00 per gal this year,
what are you prepared to do?
-------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. refiners' glittering profits are expected to jump this year as robust demand growth from motorists and recurring snags at aging plants push fuel prices near record territory, analysts said.

Gasoline pump prices shot above $3.00 a gallon on Friday, about a nickel below the all-time peak, according to the AAA travel group, as the nation's creaking refining system of some 130 aging complexes strains to meet demand.

topsites
05-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Pay for it, keep cherry picking those customers who can afford my services, enjoy the open road.

But if you think that's bad, sometime between next year and 2011, certain countries likely will start exercising a monopoly on the remaining petrol and that will start marking the true beginning of the end as third world countries can't even get any... Then, some of the bigger cities will start suffering from power outages known as brownouts, and it gets worse...
Wait, aren't we already doing that?

unit28
05-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I hope to see them shut the luxury tax down.
They are the ones who will pay for my lawn care.
No need to upset the apple cart.

Where's my lectric lawn mower?

jsf343
05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I am already preparing a herd of goats for this exact scenereo. "prices hit three dollars a gallon this week" really?! they have been close to $3.50 out here.