PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Leak

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Situation: Leak shows up in a dirt area surrounded by concrete next to a junior high school's varsity baseball dugout. The area is dirt because prior to eight years ago there were manual valves in the concrete that controlled two zones between the field and the street. We took the manual valves out, used one lateral line (going under concrete in different direction from leak area) as our main line extension and used the other one as a wire chase to set automatic valves in the grass area.

This is the third time the leak has shown up in the past three years. Every time we go out and dig under the wall the leak dries up. Area is supplied by an old galvanized QC line that we can't find. Only thing I can think of is that there is a small leak in a line that used to supply a drinking fountain that has been capped/abandoned. The concrete in the dugout's porch will need to be removed so we can see what the heck is going on.

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Ah, the ghost of a irrigation tech comes back to haunt you..or a plumber!

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Plumbers and do-gooders. This dugout was built back in the mid-60s. :)

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I vote Purps get his own reality show. I can't wait to see his interview with
Wallmart.

sheshovel
05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes, we have been over a mystery leak before, his first thread about one was hilarious.
I'm still waiting Mike....make my day will ya? You had a thread to start remember? You know here in irrigation?

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes, we have been over a mystery leak before, his first thread about one was hilarious.
I'm still waiting Mike....make my day will ya? You had a thread to start remember? You know here in irrigation?

Patience, my dear, I'm still looking for the crank start for this MAC:waving:

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I vote Purps get his own reality show. I can't wait to see his interview with
Wallmart.

Do I get to pick my own dysfunctional kids for the show? :laugh:

Dirty Water
05-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I have an idea what's causing the "leak"

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I did not know a 1804 held that much.

Wet_Boots
05-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Do I get to pick my own dysfunctional kids for the show? :laugh:I vote you begin the casting with Rotard.

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL... :laugh:

There were millions of sunflower seeds in the area, so many that they kept clogging up the suction pump. (They hurt like hell when trying to pass them through your 1804.) :cry:

Dirty Water
05-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I'd go see a doctor, I think you might have some of your waste piping crossed up inside. Have you popped the cover and taken a look?

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I'd go see a doctor, I think you might have some of your waste piping crossed up inside. Have you popped the cover and taken a look?

It's all because I installed a DC instead of RP backflow. :laugh:

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM

It could be one of the few times that a SAM was the wrong choice!

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I vote you begin the casting with Rotard.

Then I could kill the little prick on national TV and get away with it. :hammerhead: :laugh:

Mike Leary
05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Then I could kill the little prick on national TV and get away with it. :hammerhead: :laugh:

Brilliant!!!! There's your retirement boost...do it as pay-for-view!

PurpHaze
05-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Brilliant!!!! There's your retirement boost...do it as pay-for-view!

Cha-ching!!! :)