PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Grass Mix

Want2BGreen
05-05-2007, 04:16 PM
This winter the city did some underground work in my yard. They dug up then reseeded a section of my lawn. The grass that came up is gorgeous, durable and I'd like to replicate over the rest of my lawn. I asked a worker the other day what they'd used and he said "commercial mix." Any suggestions on where to find a similar mix in my area (Virginia Beach, VA)? Should I ask the guy again or maybe contact the company who was contracted to do the work? Also is it too late in the season to try and seed? I can post pictures if that would help. Thanks for any advice.

Capemay Eagle
05-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I am not sure but he could mean contractors mix. I know Home Depot and Lowes carry Scott's and Pennington seed that says,"contractors mix". It contains rye, bluegrass and fescues for fast germination. This could be what he meant..

Capemay Eagle
05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I am not sure but he could mean contractors mix. I know Home Depot and Lowes carry Scott's and Pennington seed that says,"contractors mix". It contains rye, bluegrass and fescues for fast germination. This could be what he meant..

Here I found a link http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=49232-316-49232&lpage=none