PDA

View Full Version : Lawnboy wont start

mikes landscaping
05-05-2007, 10:31 PM
our lawnboy has been finicky for a while, now it plain out won't start. it has compression, and spark, and the air filter is clean, i don't know what else to do. It is a a 2 cycle push mower. any ideas? thanks
-Pete

fga
05-05-2007, 10:38 PM
our lawnboy has been finicky for a while, now it plain out won't start. it has compression, and spark, and the air filter is clean, i don't know what else to do. It is a a 2 cycle push mower. any ideas? thanks
-Pete

are you getting gas to the carb?
I'm not sure on your model, butthe commercial model has the primer bulb, you can see the fuel being pumped.

willider
05-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Make sure the exhaust is not stopped up..

khouse
05-06-2007, 12:25 AM
With the air filter out and cover off do you hear it hiss back out the carb as you pull the rope? If so it could be the reed valve behind the carb. If not check the exhaust ports like willider has said. Turn the mower over and remove the muffler cover. Then look uo towards the cyliner end for the ports. With the piston down clean the ports with a small piece of wood that you have whittled down. Then pull the rope a few times to blow the carbon out the ports. Replace plug and cross your fingers.

lawnboy dan
05-06-2007, 11:12 AM
the coil module could be bad -very common on lawnboy. check the carb for flooding. leaking needle valve common . install a fuel shutoff valve

mikes landscaping
05-06-2007, 12:08 PM
alright, thanks for the help guys, ill try it out, and get back to you on whether or not it worked.
-Pete