PDA

View Full Version : Portable Shower for rinsing off?

Victor
05-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know where I can find some type of pump-up shower can that I could fill with water for rinsing off in the event I get pesticide on me when I'm out in the field? I'd like to find a 1, or 2 gallon container I could take with me when I'm out spraying lawns that I could use to hose myself off with, instead of having to use a customer's garden hose to do it.

While I've never needed to do it, I'd rather not have to use a customer's hose.

John Gamba
05-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know where I can find some type of pump-up shower can that I could fill with water for rinsing off in the event I get pesticide on me when I'm out in the field? I'd like to find a 1, or 2 gallon container I could take with me when I'm out spraying lawns that I could use to hose myself off with, instead of having to use a customer's garden hose to do it.

While I've never needed to do it, I'd rather not have to use a customer's hose.

Ive used a cooler. just make sure the "spigot" pulls out so you can wash both hands at once.

RockSet N' Grade
05-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Victor: a solar shower from REI, Sports Chalet, or other outdoor recreational store works pretty nice......they carry up to 5 gallons, have a pull-type spigot on a 18-24" hose. I have two of them........throw one on the hood when you get to the job, and the water is warm in no time at all.

Ric
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Victor

I have a 12 gallon fresh water tank about 6 ft off the ground on my cab over that is gravity fed. It has enough flow to work as a eye wash in such emergency. As far as a shower goes I am sure I could wet my self down but have never faced that. Those who have drop tanks with fresh water holding tanks have rigged up a 12v pump for hand washing etc.

Victor
05-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I really do appreciate it. This is going to be one less thing I'm going to have to worry about figuring out how to handle now.

John Gamba
05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I really do appreciate it. This is going to be one less thing I'm going to have to worry about figuring out how to handle now.

Good Luck:waving:

RAlmaroad
05-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Victor: Check out the Camp-mor catalog. They have a camping shower that is hung in a tree or the side of your truck that holds about 2 gallons. I had one years ago and the sun warmed it. We would wash face and hands before lunch on the road back then. Even in the summer the warm water was welcome. Roy