PDA

View Full Version : Walbro Carb flooding ...BAD

rgb30b
05-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Hello....First time poster. Hope you can give suggestions. I have CV 15 Kohler on a Dixon mower. It has the Walbro carb, and has no adjustments except the low idle and rich/lean. At first I thought the float valve was sticking, so I disassembled the carb and cleaned, and didn't notice anything in particular. No trash in bowl, valve looked OK, moving freely. Last last summer I done this several times, and it would start right back up, and usually begin flooding before I finished mowing, around 2 acres. Anyway, I bought a new carb, hoping to solve the problem. Well it didnt. After 2 uses this spring, the problem is back, now what? Not sure anymore, any ideas? Thankx in advance

khouse
05-06-2007, 10:30 AM
How do you know the original and new carb is flooding? What are your indicators? What exactly is it doing? Is your choke fully open? You may have other issues......

rgb30b
05-06-2007, 10:43 AM
The flooding is very obvious, fuel spitting up and out of the bowl. It will run until it completely floods itself out. You can see fuel from the top in the bowl. While it's doing this the choke is fully open. Finally it just dies. I almost finished mowing 20 minutes ago, it ran just fine for about an hour, until it flooded and died.

Restrorob
05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
When you cleaned the original carb. the first time did you clean/flush the fuel tank, flush the fuel line and replace the fuel filter ?

There's a good chance trash is in the tank for two carbs doing this.

rgb30b
05-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys. It wont cost me anything to check the tank / fuel system again. Appreciate it...

Bill Kapaun
05-06-2007, 03:25 PM
IF your fuel line is old, it may have "chunks" breaking off on the inside every time you remove it.

rgb30b
05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Good point Bill, Ill have a look when I get back this weekend.......Thankx everyone