PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer/mower purchase help...

butters
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I own 5 acres of mostly wooded land and built a house about 2.5 years ago. I still do not have a yard to speak of but will be tackling this project throughout the summer/fall. I am looking for advice on what equipment I should buy. I need a trimmer/brushcutter that will take care of large weeds and lots of saplings. I have narrowed my purchase down (with help from this site and dealer availability in my area) to either a Husqvarna 322L with a brush cutter attachment that my dealer is selling on closeout for $230 OR an Echo PAS-230 unit that I can get more attachments for. I like the Echo better but it does cost more. I am concerned that the Husky might be underpowered for brush cutting. Any opinions on either of these units?

Also I am looking for a the least expensive, decent home owner/light commercial grade walk behind mower that I can buy. I don't want junk, but I can't afford top dollar equipment either. Something that is a good compromise between quality and cost. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

josh1981
05-08-2007, 12:21 AM
look at stihl. best equipment for the price. Reasonable prices also

butters
05-31-2007, 01:02 PM
In case anyone is interested I stumbled upon a 3 month old great condition John Deere XT140LE trimmer for $225 and so far I like it very much. Very powerful. I looked at Stihl, Echo and JD and was leaning towards the Echo PAS system but I couldn't pass up the deal.

josh1981
06-01-2007, 12:15 AM
john deere is good. it will last a long time