PDA

View Full Version : How often do you use a pole saw (power or otherwise)

Prestige-Lawncare
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Just wondering ... how often do any of you guys use a pole saw, be it gas powered, electric or manual. I know I could use one around my own place from time to time ... but wondering how much some of you use them on the job.

See ... I've got a Troy Built TB475SS trimmer (homeowner) that I got a couple years back that I never use. I came across it from a friend who bought it, and then got sick (before he passed away a couple of weeks ago) ... and though it sucks as a trimmer, they do make an attachment that is a pole saw.

Granted it's not commercial like the rest of my stuff ... but if it is used very little, it may do me fine. I don't really plan on using it as a trimmer, though I do carry it in my trailer as a back up in case the STIHL breaks down on me.

gene gls
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Echo Power Pruner, one of my favorite tools. I'd be lost with out it.

TPLawnPro
05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
So far, every hurricane season. That's one year so far. Thank God I had it!

Stihl All The Way!!!

RedMax Man
05-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I currently just use a manual extendable pole saw. I just use it for pruning because i stay away from major tree work. Most of the time its just storm cleanups and i have a chain saw for that. I do have access to a power pole saw but at this point its not really worth the money to invest in a gas powered pole saw because i wouldn't use it very often.

txgrassguy
05-08-2007, 08:19 AM
The trucks don't go out with out their individual Echo power pruner and Svandic pole/hand saws.
I wouldn't know what to do without the Echo's.

1cooltreeguy
05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Daily, Daily, daily!