PDA

View Full Version : proper mixture

LawnsRUsInc.
05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Seem to have a lot of questions and descrepencies with mixture ratios with PG Magnum. I was told for example that i should mix 1.5 ounces of momentum fx per 1000sqft and they say it treats 50k so 1.5x50=75ounces that seems like way a lot then someone else says 18 ounces per tank 1.5x12 gal = 18 whats the proper way to figure this out ;)

indyturf
05-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm mixing 3 way weed control at 6 oz per gallon and getting good results. should be about the same for the momentum fx.

RigglePLC
05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
You are correct. 75 ounces.

RAlmaroad
05-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Seem to have a lot of questions and descrepencies with mixture ratios with PG Magnum. I was told for example that i should mix 1.5 ounces of momentum fx per 1000sqft and they say it treats 50k so 1.5x50=75ounces that seems like way a lot then someone else says 18 ounces per tank 1.5x12 gal = 18 whats the proper way to figure this out ;)

What would be your rate WITHOUT the PG? Think about it Don't have the luxury of one. However, rate/K is the deciding factor. How much water is the PG putting down per 1000sf? If it puts out 1gal/K then 1 tank could treat 12,000sf; therefore you would add 18 oz/tank of water. Make sense?
75 ozs. would tread 50,000 of turf. You'll need many fillups with a 12-gal tank.

Shades of Green LService
05-09-2007, 08:44 AM

clock your self going 143 ft. write down your speed and in the manual there is a conversion chart. If not then they have it on the web site. At my speed 1.5 oz rate is mixed at 5.5 oz p/ gall.

lilmarvin4064
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
clock your self going 143 ft. write down your speed and in the manual there is a conversion chart. If not then they have it on the web site. At my speed 1.5 oz rate is mixed at 5.5 oz p/ gall.

That's about right. I've gotten fairly decent weed control at 4 oz/Gal but any less than that is too low. Over 6/gal seems like too much.

I Hope you're using FX2 and not FX. Three-way is not labeled for low volume use. You need Eliminate LO.

Runner
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
You need to take your magnum out to a wide open parking lot, and spray a 12 gallon tank out of just water. Do it in areas that you can see the overlap clearly, so you know right where your rows need to be. I can guarantee you that even though your machine is rated to spray 50 M per tank, you won't get that much. Find out what you DO get, and go from there. Be realistic and honest with yourself for your own knowledge and sake - account for some overlap - concrete and outer bounds included. My Ultra is rated at 34 M, but in reality it sprays closer to 32. THIS is the number I use when mixing. I know a gallon will do about 4000 sq. ft. at this rate. Do yourself the favor and take a little extra time to do this. It is worth it in the long run.

Shades of Green LService
05-10-2007, 12:11 AM
That's about right. I've gotten fairly decent weed control at 4 oz/Gal but any less than that is too low. Over 6/gal seems like too much.

I Hope you're using FX2 and not FX. Three-way is not labeled for low volume use. You need Eliminate LO.

Yes its FX2 I've been using 3 way all spring w/ great results from the PG.

Shades of Green LService
05-10-2007, 12:14 AM
You need to take your magnum out to a wide open parking lot, and spray a 12 gallon tank out of just water. Do it in areas that you can see the overlap clearly, so you know right where your rows need to be. I can guarantee you that even though your machine is rated to spray 50 M per tank, you won't get that much. Find out what you DO get, and go from there. Be realistic and honest with yourself for your own knowledge and sake - account for some overlap - concrete and outer bounds included. My Ultra is rated at 34 M, but in reality it sprays closer to 32. THIS is the number I use when mixing. I know a gallon will do about 4000 sq. ft. at this rate. Do yourself the favor and take a little extra time to do this. It is worth it in the long run.

I agree, I'm getting around 38-40 k from my magnum. Thats not a precise exact number but a ballpark.