PDA

View Full Version : Stand-on attachment on w/b's

BAMARED
08-10-2001, 12:29 PM
I am a "Johnny come lately" here at Lawnsite and was just wondering if anyone knows who makes a hydro w/b that comes with a stand-on attachment on it? I think that it's called a "velkie" or something like that.

At any rate, thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Steve Parsons

jcoat
08-10-2001, 12:37 PM
You might try the search function on lawnsite in the top, right-hand corner under the sponsors' banner. I typed in "velkie" and found the following link: http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=18663&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending
--
also, there are several available on the market in different configurations (one-wheel; two-wheel; velkie; velky; sulkie; sulky; Proslide...), so good luck in the search.
Welcome to lawnsite.

Cutter1
08-10-2001, 03:04 PM
Jcoat pretty much covered them all, I think there is also one called Rocket Wheels. I have the one wheeled velkies on my Wb's. Personally don't like the line it leaves, I would get two wheeled if I had to do over.

edward hedrick
08-10-2001, 05:10 PM
Try Lesco they make an excellent stand on sulky, also The bullrider

Evan528
08-10-2001, 05:34 PM
I demoed the bull rider!Very impressive, Id defintly buy one if i owned a hydro walkbehind! I own Jungle wheel that I use one and a while on my belt driven walkbehind. Sure its better than walking..... but a belt driven dosnt have reverse so i have to step of and the end of each turn to make a 3 point turn with my mower or just make an extremly wide turn. The bull rider also dosnt jack knife like mist of them!

geogunn
08-11-2001, 12:06 AM
STEVE--IMHO, don't apologize for being new here.

just wade in and let it fly!

GEO

fivestarlawnken
08-12-2001, 12:44 AM
i would agree with edward hedrick on the lesco attachment. make sure your mower has enough power (at least 14 16 hp) or you will take some chances on blowing a motor. try to demo each one if at all possible to get a feel of one. good luck:)