PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used growth regulators

stumpjumper
05-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I am considering trying Embark growth regulator on some difficult trimming areas on an appartment complex I maintain. Before I spend the $125.00 for a gallon I'd appreciate any input from someone who has tried it.

T.E.
05-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I have some though have never used it. The reason is I would have to come back two days later, and spray the shrub! That kills my schedule altogether. I have tried attrimec, and it seems to do fine. I never got real efficient with it. You will need to put some iron with it it or it will yellow the shrub if you get to much on the foliage. Hope this helps. Later, Tony

Turf Troll
05-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I used Embark with some liquid iron in a prema green, Primo seemed to worked nicer on turf.

I have hill along a road that is difficult to mow, I use Embark on just to slow the growth for longer time between mowing.

DiyDave
05-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Tried embark for a season, just couldn't get the number$ to work. Didn't work as long as advertised, but good effect of fast initial greenup/tillering.:confused:

stumpjumper
05-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Many Thanks guys. The area I was thinking about trying it on is about 4' wide and 300' long on the back fence of the complex. To steep to mow, have to use a trimmer every other week to keep it under control. If the growth regulator would work it would be well worth the money.

T.E.
05-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Many Thanks guys. The area I was thinking about trying it on is about 4' wide and 300' long on the back fence of the complex. To steep to mow, have to use a trimmer every other week to keep it under control. If the growth regulator would work it would be well worth the money.

If that is what your wanting it for, then I'd get some roundup, and use it. Rd up can be used as a pgr. Just mix some iron in with it and that will keep it from turning yellow. There should be mixing directions on the label for chemical mowing.
Another thing is most of the pgr's will only work on turf as in grass, not weeds so if the area has weeds the embark will not work, but the rd up will.

Later, Tony