PDA

View Full Version : WB Mower Weights

NittanyLawncare
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
The WB I bought didn't come with any weights on it. The front jumps sometimes and tips back when doing even some of the slightest inclines. I wanted to know what kind of weights to put on it. I'd rather not buy the ones from toro as their probably very expensive. Are there any tricks to using, say, square weights from a piece of home fitness equiptment, has it been done, could and should it be done?

Heres where I think the weights should go, on the crossbar, correct me if I'm wrong.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/krk145/randompictures/crossbar.jpg

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Try a railroad tie.

khouse
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I buy cut off pieces of metal at a local metal shop. There called "drops" You wouldn't believe how much 3/4 inch piece of steel weighs. Looks like you need a 24 x 6 x 3/4 drop bolted to that front axle. Don't forget to paint it so it looks like it's OEM......

NittanyLawncare
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
That sounds good, I will check a machine shop for the scrap... How much weight do I want to put on the front? 25 pounds? 50 pounds?

khouse
05-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't know. The more you weigh the more counter balance you'll need. You can start with one plate. Then add more plates as you need them.

Restrorob
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
When you add the extra weight go ahead and pick up a set of caster wheel bearings to have on hand.

khouse
05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Forget about the "how much you weigh" thing. I see now it's a walk behind mower. I was thinking it was a stander model. Post back a picture of your weights installed.