PDA

View Full Version : Momentum Mixture

GreenHor7
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I am new to the industry, but i am licensed. I have applied momentum to some lawns, however it is not taking care of the chickweed and clover. Someone told me that the nights are too cold and these weeds are not active enough. I am looking for some input.

mkroher
05-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Add some dishsoap to your mix to help it stick to the leaf. Cold temps will affect weed control too.

americanlawn
05-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Momentum is an amine herbicide --- that's why. We use ester formultion herbicides for our hard-to-kill weeds. Many reasons for this....

"Chaser", "Speedzone", etc. Good luck, American

mrkosar
05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Add some dishsoap to your mix to help it stick to the leaf. Cold temps will affect weed control too.

i keep seeing this. can someone please tell me how much of what type of dish soaps to add per gallon of mix? is this way less expensive than just buying a sticker (i know runner it doesn't really act as a sticker, but that's what i'm calling it) from lesco or TSC?

RigglePLC
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
One good squirt per gallon, about a teaspoon. For 200 gallons use about half a bottle of dish detergent--about 10 ounces. Be prepared to deal with potential excess foam, (particularly in a Permagreen). Shop the dollar store--a dollar per bottle.

Laundry detergent also works nice--sometimes it smells nice, too.

I think Lesco Hawkeye is about $65 per half gallon. What do you think Tremor?

Shades of Green LService
05-08-2007, 11:48 PM
I use a 1/4 tsp- 1/2 tsp per 3-4 gallons in a back pack. Also have had really good sucess w/ 3 way on chick @ 1.5 oz per gall. A second hit also wouldn't hurt.

tremor
05-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Hawkeye is an organosilicone blended with a 90/10 surfactant. Great stuff but not worth that selling price. It was specifically marketed for low volume equipment but the current "product merchant" doesn't know this so neither do the sales people. The guy who brought it on left before a decent product launch. Conventional "spreader/stickers" gum up the works in a Permagreen.

I carry the same thing for folks in New England at a lower cost.

NuFarm/Riverdale also formulated a specific herbicide for low volume sprayer. Triplet LO is the only herbicide in their lineup that was specially manufactured for a Permagreen type applicator. The trouble is; no one seems to know or care! LOL

GreenHor7, You do need an Ester herbicide during these cool spells. Cool-Power, Threeway Ester II, Chaser, Speedzone, etc. Surfactants will help but Amine herbicides are not the right choice when it's cold.

The dumbing down of the Green Industry is a scary & sorrowful thing.

GreenHor7, try to find an experienced supplier who knows this stuff & will share their knowlege with you. They're still around. You just need to look a little harder.

Shades of Green LService
05-09-2007, 12:02 AM
If the weed is actually growing you shouldn't have problem.