PDA

View Full Version : wheel drive belt replacement - IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Grits
05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
I have a Husqvarna 48 belt drive WB. I ordered the Oregon # 75-269 belts to replace the wheel drive belts. They WILL NOT fit! I took the entire side of the mower off and could not get it to fit. What is the secret? Please someone help!!!!!!!!!!:cry:
I double checked the part number and it appears that this is the correct belt for this application.

Mark in MD
05-09-2007, 08:44 AM
I have a Husqvarna 48 belt drive WB. I ordered the Oregon # 75-269 belts to replace the wheel drive belts. They WILL NOT fit! I took the entire side of the mower off and could not get it to fit. What is the secret? Please someone help!!!!!!!!!!:cry:
I double checked the part number and it appears that this is the correct belt for this application.You're sure you aren't doing something wrong, right?

I am guessing Oregon makes after market belts?

I personally use only geniune OEM belts for my machines, because I've learned that many times the belts won't fit correctly. It's worth the expense in saving me headaches.

I'm just guessing Oregon is confused. I'd go buy a genuine Husqy belt for that mower, then compare the two belts.

If they are different, I'd stop buying Oregon belts.

topsites
05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I do agree, I believe your best bet is to get an OEM belt and compare the two, at the very least see if the OEM fits.

What about the old one, if it's still in one piece, can you get that one back on, just for test?

Grits
05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I do agree, I believe your best bet is to get an OEM belt and compare the two, at the very least see if the OEM fits.

What about the old one, if it's still in one piece, can you get that one back on, just for test?

Yeah, I can get the old one back on. IDK, I got the belts from Mowpart. Hopefull they will do something.....these belts ain't that cheap. We'll see.

Grits
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Any other suggestions?

lawnmaniac883
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Are the old belts the same length as the new ones? Test them side by side, they shouldnt be too stretched out.