PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for dropping a pest control service.

spray_man
05-09-2007, 12:53 AM
I just started a new customer. I asked her why she was changing services. She said, the service wasn't working. Also, recently she happened to walk across to the neighbors house right before her service was due. She was inside he neighbors home, looking at her house, when the service showed up. the man rang the bell, and did not get an answer. He sprayed around the front door, hung the invoice on the knob and left.

What other reasons have you heard?

indyturf
05-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Poor service, annoying phone calls!

Shades of Green LService
05-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Some people want one guy for everything. I've gotten a lot that way.

lawnservice
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
we have customers cancel our service, it happens. i was talkin to a woman on the phone following up on her written cancel notice, when i asked her why she said the last guy we sent out on her lawn was very rude to her and never looked her in the eye, she said he kept looking across the street at the young lady bringing in her groceries while he was talkin instead of looking at her.

well that seems understandable, except I was the last guy on her property, I was standing on her porch trying to talk to her through a closed storm door and over traffic noise. she was the one with the wondering eye looking everywhere except at me. I just appologised to her and said if things didnt work out for her I hoped she would give us another try.

people lie

americanlawn
05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Spray Man -- I heard the exact same complaint for many years >> all regarding the same lawn company (TruGreen), but it seems that TruGreen has put a halt to this in recent years here. High quotas or else a small paycheck is the main reason for this.

Yep -- people lie. You can't always trust what they tell you. I have the utmost respect for those who tell me they just can't afford it right now.

Last week, TruGreen salesmen were canvassing a neighborhood. They told one of my customers that their lawn was full of crabgrass and grubworms. I immediately noticed this lawn was the greenest on the block, but I checked the entire lawn anyway.

I left a service call report on their door indicating no grubworm activity and the fact that crabgrass has not yet emerged in this part of the Country. I noted that she had 3 clumps of tall fescue near the curb which we could spray for $15.00. (Corsair)

The "lady" called our office later that evening and said "my note" was "rude". She cancelled our service!

I also left 3 "fact sheets" regarding grubworms, crabgrass, and perennial grassy weeds......weird. Our office offered a phone number to our land-grant University extension, but she refused to take it. hmmmmmmmmmm?

Some days, the oddballs just "come out of the woodwork".

If I am unhappy or disagree with a service, I let them know why - then give them the option to resolve the problem . Goes to show there are many weird people in this Country. Makes me appreciate the GOOD customers even more.

cantoo
05-09-2007, 09:30 PM
We had a call for weed spraying for a large lawn. He said they own 5 acres so house, driveway, two outbuildings off that. My wife answered the phone and he wanted a price over the phone. We know this property but it's too big and really cut up to price. She said she would give him a per tank price instead of a per spray price. He then said he was thinking maybe an organic treatment instead. She gave him the number of a friend who does this. He called back today saying the program would be several thousand dollars for the year. He's not so concerned about organics now. Said he trusts us and just do what needed and he will pay. He has his own sprayer just wasn't happy with his own results. Sometimes we fire ourselves.

Shades of Green LService
05-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Spray Man -- I heard the exact same complaint for many years >> all regarding the same lawn company (TruGreen), but it seems that TruGreen has put a halt to this in recent years here. High quotas or else a small paycheck is the main reason for this.

Yep -- people lie. You can't always trust what they tell you. I have the utmost respect for those who tell me they just can't afford it right now.

Last week, TruGreen salesmen were canvassing a neighborhood. They told one of my customers that their lawn was full of crabgrass and grubworms. I immediately noticed this lawn was the greenest on the block, but I checked the entire lawn anyway.

I left a service call report on their door indicating no grubworm activity and the fact that crabgrass has not yet emerged in this part of the Country. I noted that she had 3 clumps of tall fescue near the curb which we could spray for $15.00. (Corsair)

The "lady" called our office later that evening and said "my note" was "rude". She cancelled our service!

I also left 3 "fact sheets" regarding grubworms, crabgrass, and perennial grassy weeds......weird. Our office offered a phone number to our land-grant University extension, but she refused to take it. hmmmmmmmmmm?

Some days, the oddballs just "come out of the woodwork".

If I am unhappy or disagree with a service, I let them know why - then give them the option to resolve the problem . Goes to show there are many weird people in this Country. Makes me appreciate the GOOD customers even more.

Senior Member! Uh- Oh. LOL

ArizPestWeed
05-10-2007, 01:59 AM
This is common , I hear similar stuff often .
Heard it today , most always about T Nolan , Orkin , the major brands .

Other reasons .........
Don't return calls
No show
Rude or arrogant personality

I just started a new customer. I asked her why she was changing services. She said, the service wasn't working. Also, recently she happened to walk across to the neighbors house right before her service was due. She was inside he neighbors home, looking at her house, when the service showed up. the man rang the bell, and did not get an answer. He sprayed around the front door, hung the invoice on the knob and left.

What other reasons have you heard?