PDA

View Full Version : Grass growing yet?

cos
08-11-2001, 12:20 AM
I just checked my lawns today and they all don't even look like they grew from last week, and I am hoping that this rain helps with atleast some growth.

little green guy
08-11-2001, 12:23 AM
All mine are still growing exept a few, I've been cutting them all high and it realy seems to be helping cause alot of the lawns around here are dead. :cool:

geogunn
08-11-2001, 12:27 AM
sorry gang. mine have grown until I am sick of it.

this is the best JUL and AUG in the five years I have been in the BIZ.

in my area you ought to be covered up with calls.

GEO

Lawn-Scapes
08-11-2001, 12:36 AM
Did less than half my schedule this week... Doesn't seem to want to rain around here... It was too hot this week anyway. Next week I'm cutting everyone regardless!

tralfaz
08-11-2001, 12:48 AM
This was one time where I wouldn't have minded it being dry- my wife just had our first baby Monday. Usually, it is pretty dry in Middle Tennessee now but it has rained so much that I'm having trouble keeping up.

Eric ELM
08-11-2001, 01:00 AM
We finally got some rain, from 5/8" to 1.25" depending on where you live. What is nice is the cool front. The humidity dropped, the dew point dropped, and the temps dropped big time. It was a pleasure to work today. :)

racerdave
08-11-2001, 01:22 AM
It's been six or seven weeks with temps over 100 everyday and no rain. The cool front Eric was talking about came thru last night. Todays high was around 84. Kind of put a chill in you.LOL
But locally just a brief shower. Everything not irrigated is dormant or dead. Even some of the irrigated lawns are dormant.

David

accentlc
08-11-2001, 01:38 AM
I guess we are lucky in the west (Utah) most lawns are irrigated. It is always dry, but they keep growing thank goodness.