PDA

View Full Version : How long for Trimec to be rain fast?

SpikeGT
05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
How long should Trimec be put on before it's rain fast? I put it on my yard to kill dandelions Tuesday night @ 6:00 pm. It's now Wednesday around 11:00 am and threatening to rain. Will it be rain proof yet? Thanks

wrivers
05-09-2007, 01:51 PM
If you used a spreader/sticker you're probably OK. Ideally you'd give it at least 24 hours, though. Wes

indyturf
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
As long as its not a down pour you should still get good results after a couple hours.

SpikeGT
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys. I think I got those darn dandelions they were all curled up this morning so I don't think the rain will have any effect.

heritage
05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
How long should Trimec be put on before it's rain fast? I put it on my yard to kill dandelions Tuesday night @ 6:00 pm. It's now Wednesday around 11:00 am and threatening to rain. Will it be rain proof yet? Thanks

What was the temp when you applied? The warmer the air, the quicker it's rainfast.

Pete D.

americanlawn
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Sounds like good advice from fellow members. There are several formulations of Trimec, but I assume you used the classic amine formulation.

If temps hit 60 or above, it should be good after 3 or 4 hours because dandelions are easy to kill. Heat , humidity, and sunshine help speed uptake.

We've applied Trimec amine in drizzle on cloudy days and got excellent results - providing temps were 60 or above.

NattyLawn
05-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Sounds like good advice from fellow members. There are several formulations of Trimec, but I assume you used the classic amine formulation.

If temps hit 60 or above, it should be good after 3 or 4 hours because dandelions are easy to kill. Heat , humidity, and sunshine help speed uptake.

We've applied Trimec amine in drizzle on cloudy days and got excellent results - providing temps were 60 or above.

We've also found good results with Mec-Amine D when there's a little rain, especially in dry conditions.

Try telling that to customers though.

SpikeGT
05-10-2007, 12:23 AM
What was the temp when you applied? The warmer the air, the quicker it's rainfast.

Pete D.

The temp was in the mid 70's. I used Trimec Classic. Thanks for all your replies. All the dandelions look like they're done for.

Grandview
05-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I have finished lawns in a drizzle and been OK. Even a down pour within 1 hour has not hurt results on occasion.

garydale
05-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm with Grandview on this one.

We would tell the customer to check lawn in one week. If bad control we retreat.

Almost never happens. The possible damage from overdosing with a retreat is not worth the chance.

Neal Wolbert
05-13-2007, 12:51 AM
If you've ever tried to wash herbicide off a plant you accidentally sprayed you know it's pretty tough to do without the herbicide doing some damage. Rain shouldn't make much of a difference once the herbicide is dry.

Neal