PDA

View Full Version : RestoRob.....Where you at!!

Allens LawnCare
05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey I posted about a weak right pump on my Lazer hp 52" 23hp Kohler.....Quick question....I was looking at the hydro pump(Forgive me with my parts knowledge) you have the handle that attatches to the tracking adjustment bar which inturn attatches to the pump via a threaded bolt that tightens to the shaft coming out of the pump....anyways it has a little play in it, not much but I know it doesn't take much to affect the pump. Is it possible that the shaft is starting to strip......if so do I need to replace the whole pump. The machine runs fine on level ground, but backing up any incline sucks....any thoughts

Restrorob
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Allen, I try to be here morning noon and night.....:dizzy:

From the way you explained, The part in question it is the pump control arm as below correct ?

If so I would suggest (to get a little more life out of the pump) is replace the arm with a new one that may not be worn, The shaft is most likely a harder steel than the arm, Also replace the allen set screw with a new one because after a while the cone on the tip wears and doesn't lock as well.

Also before installing the new arm spray the new arm and the shaft with carb/choke cleaner to remove any grease/oil or dirt then apply some of this;

http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite_us/loctite_content.cfm?verityspider=0&layout=6&productline=680&path=Assembly%20Products|Cylindrical%20Assemblies%20%28Retaining%29|High%20Strength|680%20Retaining% 20Compound%20High%20Strength%2FHigh%20Viscosity

Assemble and let dry over night then check and adjust tracking if needed.

Oh, Partstree.com has the arm for $7.80

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/LazerHPHydroArm.jpg

Allens LawnCare
05-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Thats it boss....Thank you!!

Allens LawnCare
05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
So I should buy parts 11 and 12 and some locktight

Restrorob
05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Thats what I would do, But make sure you get the #680 loctite and don't over do it. I would hate for you to post "How do I get this ******* loctite off the shaft so it will move" . :laugh:

Cya

Allens LawnCare
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
10-4...thanks again