PDA

View Full Version : PTO Spray Pump System Repair

AppleEarthCare.com
05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Hello,
I just purchased a 93 GMC 4000. It was an old Chem Lawn truck. It is in very good mechanical shape but the pump hoses, valves and fittings need replacement asap. I am located in central NJ and I am looking for a pump system repair and plumb business ANYWHERE near me.
My achilles heel is plumbing and mechanical repair. Does anyone know of any companies do this type of service and repair? I would be willing to take it a considerable distance to have this done correctly.
Thanks!
Joe

Ric
05-09-2007, 10:36 PM
AppleEarthCare

I have access to all parts and have rebuilt these trucks spray systems a few times. The trouble is I am in Florida. If you can't get the parts maybe I can help you out. I don't believe you want to drive to Florida for me to rebuilt your spray system.

americanlawn
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Apple Earth - I recommend you switch to a Hypro D-30 pump with a 5.5 hp Honda motor.

indyturf
05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Apple Earth - I recommend you switch to a Hypro D-30 pump with a 5.5 hp Honda motor.

Thats what I did to the Tru-green truck I had a few years ago. I tried hooking up the pto driven pump and I had problems with hoses blowing! those pumps can really put out the pressure. I mounted a 5.5 Honda with a D-30 to the right of the hose reel in the same compartment as the tanks. it was sure a lot easier than messing with the plumbing on the pto pump.

Ric
05-10-2007, 12:44 AM

Americanlawn

You don't know these trucks or you wouldn't have made that suggestion. First they are an enclosed unit and to mount a Gasoline engine would be very hard. They come with a PTO Driven Hydracel 25 which is 5 time better than a D 30 pump not that a D 30 is a bad pump at all. But the Hydracel 25 is worth more than the truck at this point. Knock TG/CL's work all you want, But their equipment is First Class. They only major problems I have seen with their equipment is the replacement parts where their Idiot mechanic has replaced SS parts with Galvanized plumbed on to Brass. If you don't understand the relation between Galvanized and Brass in relation to Oxidizing solutions, then you might want to work for TG/CL.

AppleEarthCare

You should check this unit for the galvanized replacement parts, They will rust out and even quicker when in contact with Brass. This is a case or Reverse catatonic reaction. BTW vibration of the Pump will chafe hose lines so be sure they are attached to the frame in a way that they don't chafe a hole in them. You might want to use muffler hangers that have a rubber hanger and double ban the hose where it attaches. The Reinforced hose on the suction side of the pump is expense and hard to splice, but it can be spliced. I run this hose and the pressure side inside and other hose to help eliminate chafing.

indyturf

I wrote the above and then saw your post when I previewed my post. I sure hope you didn't throw away the Hydracel pump. You would have throw away more money than the truck is worth. But at least you traded a 25 GPM pump for a D 30 at 9.5 GPM pump. If you had taken your time plumbing the hose under the truck is not that hard. however you must use your head or it will chafe and leak.

indyturf
05-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I didn't trash the pump, it was still on it when I sold it a couple years ago. I knew that was a top of the line pump, but I had all the problems you talked about. the hoses would vibrate and cause leaks. the muffler hanger idea would probably have helped. I also had problems regulating the pressure, so I figured I would play it safe and avoid a major spill! Maybe if I had known about Lawnsite back then you could have helped me solve all those problems.

RigglePLC
05-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Apple,
be sure to get a top quality pressure releif valve of the size suitable for the gallons per minute. Make sure you have additional release valve the dumps all the flow back into the tank--and that the hoses are large enough diameter to handle the flow rate gallons per minute easily.
And don't do what one our our Tru Green rookies did. He forgot to turn off the power take off to the pump--and just drove the truck away. Blooey! Excess rpms and excess pressure. Broken hose. Squirted solution 20 feet high.

Ric
05-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I didn't trash the pump, it was still on it when I sold it a couple years ago. I knew that was a top of the line pump, but I had all the problems you talked about. the hoses would vibrate and cause leaks. the muffler hanger idea would probably have helped. I also had problems regulating the pressure, so I figured I would play it safe and avoid a major spill! Maybe if I had known about Lawnsite back then you could have helped me solve all those problems.

Indyturf

What I don't understand is why when you have the best pesticide pump made would you replace it with an other. These trucks have run for years all over the country with the Hydracel pumps and under the frame hoses. I can buy 10 D 30 pumps for the cost of one Hydracel 25. The pressure problem can be either a bad regulator or a clodded agitation jet in the tank. The other problem I have is mounting a Gasoline engine inside a Fiberglass shell with very little room in the Hose Reel compartment. Heat build up is just one bad fact and exhaust would have to blow in side as well. One thing I didn't like from day one is one pump with two tanks and two hose reels. The first thing I did was to install a Hypro 12v industrial pump on the smaller 100 tank and hose reel. The 12v Hypro pump is rated at 8.5 GPM and 100 PSI. My Hydracel only runs the front tank. BTW I also installed a 12v spot sprayer in the front compartment with a seperate hose reel.

AppleEarthCare

TG/CL bulk mixed at the local office-shop in 1500 gallon tanks or bigger and pumped these truck full every morning. You might want to buy a Mix tank for the Ground and use a Chemical resistant swimming pool Circulation pump for both Mixing and loading the Truck. I use a 200 gallon tank off an old skid sprayer with a Swimming pool pump with no problems for my lawn mix and a older 50 gallon skid sprayer for my Ornamental mix. If I am lower than 100 gallons in my lawn tank or 50 gallons in my shrub tank, I can mix and load the truck back full. To try and fill these trucks from inside can be a real PITA.

BTW TG/CL is now stripping these trucks before turning them back in to the leaser who then sells them in bulk. TG/CL is also drilling the tanks with Multiply holes also so they can't be reused for spraying. Therefore these working trucks are becoming more and more hard to find as are used parts for them. I am lucky that I have a good source for used parts and whole trucks.

AppleEarthCare.com
05-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Ric
The PTO and Hydracell work fine. When engaged it brings pressure to both reel guages. I've inspected the underhosing and it looks to be in very good shape. No rubs that I can see. The problem is with the hosing tangle to the right of the reels. There are some galvanized valves and elbows, a PVC piece here or there, rusty fittings and clamps with some small leak spots visable. I do not see any brass.
I wish I knew about you last week! I had to pick this up in SC and drive to NJ. I would've gladly spent another day or two in Fl.to get it done right. Is there ANYONE in the Northeast or Mid Atlantic states that does this work? There just has to be. I gotta get this rig pumping asap!
If I can't manage to scare up a pump plumber this week, I may be forced to undertake the job myself and I just do not trust my skills to do an A+ job on this. If that is the case, can I take some pics, send them to you in hopes of ordering the correct parts??
Thank you everyone for your input! Keep ideas coming!
Joe

RAlmaroad
05-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Have you tried to run any water through it if the pump works? Send some close up photos of problems. Lots of us are very mechanical and may be able to help.
Try contacting a co-op farming center or tractor center. They deal with lots of pumps on farm equipment...They may be able to help and if so are a good source. You must buy high pressure hoses for the pump--not that cheap web stuff from Home Depot. Most of my hoses on the stuff was about $9/ft. Anyway sent some photos.

Ric
05-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Apple

As a new member you can not use the private messing until you have 25 posts. Once you have 25 posts you can Private message me with your phone number and I will return my phone number via Private Message. I don't want to post information like that on an open forum.

If you can post several pictures of what you presently have I can talk you through the plumbing easily. Sounds to me like you can buy the parts you need from your local hardware store. This really is not rocket science and your only problem might be dealing with rusted parts. Other things I can help you with is setting the truck so it fits your needs. In my case I do shrubs and Lawns so I use both tanks with different cocktails and use a 12v pump to push the shrub tank and reel as stated before. You can set the truck up as a drop tank using the front 300 gallon as a pure water tank and the rear 100 tank as a mix tank. This set up makes it hard to load chemicals on these trucks. They were designed to to be bulk tank set ups. I can also talk you through the Mix Tank set up on the ground. it is simple enough and by adding a clean out on that tank it will save you time and trouble.

BTW PVC is not all that bad, However Nylon, SS and Brass are much better. Galvanize will hold up for a short period of time but will always leak when you need the equipment the most. IMHO with proper maintenance these trucks are good for 500,000 miles. At the price I pay for them they don't own me a thing after the first year. To buy one new you are looking well over 60 K set up the same way.

vegomatic40
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm surprised you were able to locate a truck that still pumps. Ric is right. I used to repair those trucks during the winter time for CL during "teardown" and best as I remember they ran about $1700 in 1987 dollars. No telling what they cost now. Just remember one thing about rebuilding them... Never ever take apart the Hydraulic portion as it is a bear to put back together. I remember having to send a few back to Minnesota (Hydracel) to be pressed back into place. Rebuilding the "pressure end" is no big deal but a rebuild with valves, cages, springs o-rings etc. will run about $150. What is the tank configuration? How many? What size. There are more than a few of us old Chemlawners here that can help you with this. Send a pic or two and we can help I'm sure. In fact I was going thru some old stuff the other day and think I saw some old tank-pump-bypass-hose schematics that could help. Either way Ric is right... it's pretty simple stuff.

americanlawn
05-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Ric - I have purchased 3 of these trucks from TruGreen. I DO "know them".

I was rebuilding D-25 (Hydracell) pumps since in 1978 >> D-10's as well. I worked for ChemLawn from 1978 -- 1989. I hope this gives you insight regarding my credibility.

I am also aware of the spillage that ocurrs with these units. So are several of our CURRENT employees that used to work for TruGreen.

As for knocking TruGreen/ChemLawn................wrong again. I'm a ChemLawn guy at heart. They were the "pioneer" of lawn care, and I have the utmost respect for what they taught me. Several close freinds are currently TruGreen/ChemLawn executives now. Also: TruGreen has been so kind to offer to buy my company at least once per year for the past ten years.

On a less defensive note: We turned our 3 TruGreen GMC (Isuzu) spray trucks into flatbeds with 800 gallon tanks (two 400 gallon Tuflex tanks).

We eliminated the "mess of hoses" and installed Honda motors with D-30 Hypro's.

Never a prob since.

"You don't know these trucks or you wouldn't have made that decision" >> ???????????????

The state DNR has by far the most cases against TruGreen. Keep in mind that I am not criticizing TruGreen -- Just stating facts.

Sincerely, a guy that DOES know these spray trucks.

p.s. "Knocking TruGreen/ChemLawn all I want".........???????????

Ric - I'm not upset at you, but I just wanted to point out facts.

Above all -- I am NOT "knocking" TruGreen/ChemLawn. (not sure where you got that?)

Regards, American.

Ric
05-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Lawn

I don't think we will see eye to eye on this at all. Your posts as a new guy have impressed me as quite the Know it all.

First IMHO I have the support of most members here when I say TG/CL's work sucks. I will give them credit for marketing the idea of lawn care to the masses and making our business what it is today.

Second IMHO 800 gallons on a an Isuzu is too much weight and becomes a danger to drive because of the lack of stopping power with that much weight. I am sure you are replacing brakes on these units more than you would on the same truck carrying 400 gallons.

Third If you do that much production to have a 800 gallon tank, Why would trash the best 25 GPM pump made and put a 9 GPM pump as a replacement? I only have to stop in front of a service call and push a button before placing my truck in Park to activate my pump and start pulling hose. You on the other hand must pull start a gasoline engine, then turn on the pressure and keep extra fuel for it. My pump will out produce your pump two to one.

Forth I know these trucks also and have rebuilt the Hydracel including the valves and springs. Like any Equipment that deal with oxidizing material a certain amount of Maintenance is required. If that maintenance is performed on a regular bases and done correctly there are no major problems. The biggest Problem I have seen is the poor replacement parts GT/CL uses. Even Applearth who started this thread said his unit has Galvanized and PVC parts where brass, Nylon or Stainless steel should have been used. I have also seen steel bolts used on Doors and body parts to replace SS bolts. As built these trucks were designed to last. I will give TG/GL great for letting $ 8.00 an hour Idiots use quality equipment. Too bad they can't keep help or train them.

americanlawn
05-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Ric -- I understand you now. I certainly am not a know it all for sure -- just alot of years in. I totally understand your reasoning too.

Main reason we switched to the Honda 5.5's w/electric start (just turn the key) + Hypro was to save on fuel costs. No need to have the truck running while spraying the big lawns.

When we bought the used TruGreen units, they were very neglected. Rusted hose reels that were no good, etc. Heck...every 400 gallon tank still had some liquid Pre-M in them.

It was amazing how heavy the van bodies actually were. The flooring especially. Once removed, a flatbed installed, two 400 gallon tanks full of lawn juice we were surprised because the total weight was about the same. There was no difference from before. Also, the visibility while driving improved as we installed the tanks lengthwise. Our trucks actually looked kinda streamlined and professional.

After using them as flatbeds with two 400 gallon Tuflex tanks for 2 years, we finally sold them. We still have a 2000 W5500 GMC (Isuzu) with 250/500 split tank + rear storage. Stainless steel unit that Minnesota Wanner built for us. 2 Hannay hose reels. Cost was about $22,000 plus the truck -- ouch!

You're right -- those D-25's are built like tanks! They will never let you down. I don't understand why the TruGreen guys shelled 'em out so badly.

As for TruGreen, locally they brought in a new branch manager about four years ago. Seems they have corrected their misapplication problems. Now I'm hearing complaints about constantly being hounded by TruGreen salespeople.

I left the "original" ChemLawn just before they got bought by TG.....most of my friends quit soon after the TruGreen buyout, cuz they didn't like what they saw.

Ric -- I totally respect your oppinions on this one. Thanks for responding instead of chewing my butt. LOL Kind regards, American
We have 2 rebuilt D-25's and a 400 gallon Tuflex tank I'd like to sell cheap.

Ric
05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Lawn

Yes, I can see how experienced and smart you really are by your replies.

BTW What is a D 25?? I can't seem to Google a D 25

http://www.hydra-cell.com/product/H25-hydracell-pump.html

http://www.sprayingequipmentsupply.com/pumps/hypro.html

AppleEarthCare.com
05-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Thank you all for your input already. I'm pleasantly impressed at the level of knowledge at this site!
I have managed to find a local plumber who may be able to replace the rusty guts for me. I'm taking the truck to him tomorrow. Please keep fingers crossed. This was like the 10th person I spoke to...
In the meantime, I have been giving some thought to the batch mix set up. Any recommendations? I'm starting to look for a 400-500 gal poly with 2" valve set up. Is there a certain set up that has worked for anyone other then standard input, output & agitation.
The tanks inside the truck are 300/100 split to separate reels with the 2" fill line hook ups (in very good shape) running into the tops. I will post some pics maybe tomorrow.
Vegamatic- you mentioned possible schematics for this truck set up. That would be very helpful to have on file. Can I give my fax number on here? I'm not quite sure of the rules on that.

americanlawn
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi Ric -- The D25's & D10's have been around since the 70's and are still available. The H series is newer, has a larger shaft, and is sold much more commonly. Warner Engineering (Minneapolis, Mn) is the manufacturer.

americanlawn
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi AppleEarth -- We cut out the fiberglass wall on our 400 gallon tanks cuz we did not need the split tank capability & it made plumbing much simpler.

Ric can probably help you with plumbing & parts. We use Minnesota Wanner for our hydracell stuff cuz they're just 4 hours up I 35 from us.

Regarding poly tanks...I prefer Tuflex (fiberglass tanks) cuz they last so much longer. We have some that are 18 years old & they as good as the new ones.
They are made in pompano Beach, FLA.
Poly tanks fade & don't look so good after a year or 2/the Tuflex tanks look good for decades.

Ric
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Ric -- The D25's & D10's have been around since the 70's and are still available. The H series is newer, has a larger shaft, and is sold much more commonly. Warner Engineering (Minneapolis, Mn) is the manufacturer.

A.L.

Yes I have both Pumps. 1 inch shaft on the D series and 1 1/4 inch on the H/G series. However I believe they take the same Diaphram replacement kit.

americanlawn
05-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I hope so. We deal with Minnesota Wanner, cuz they're close and personally know the guys at Warner. Take care Ric ......I should have been more clear up front as to why we went to Hypro. Sorry about that.

Thanks much for being a trusted source. americanlawn

D&V
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
American Lawn,

We just recently bought a used Trugreen truck. I think it was more of a tree and shrub truck....its on the International 4700. It did not come with a pump though. We were looking at going the way that you mentioned with the electric start and hypro d30 or kappa 40. Will the pump that you mentioned fit on this truck? It does have the pto with the belts still on it.

Also, if any of you have run this truck, how many miles/hours can you get out of them before you start to run into problems? (I realize that a lot of that depends on pm, but just a guess). It has 75k miles, and just over 8000 hours. We want to run this one for what it has left in it, then hopefully move the box over to a new truck.

Ric
05-15-2007, 09:12 AM
American Lawn,

We just recently bought a used Trugreen truck. I think it was more of a tree and shrub truck....its on the International 4700. It did not come with a pump though. We were looking at going the way that you mentioned with the electric start and hypro d30 or kappa 40. Will the pump that you mentioned fit on this truck? It does have the pto with the belts still on it.

Also, if any of you have run this truck, how many miles/hours can you get out of them before you start to run into problems? (I realize that a lot of that depends on pm, but just a guess). It has 75k miles, and just over 8000 hours. We want to run this one for what it has left in it, then hopefully move the box over to a new truck.

D&V

I have access to used Hydracel pumps identical to what was original to that model truck. There were in Fact two pumps that could be run from the PTO Jack Shaft. They could be run together or individually. If you don't want to spend the Money for a Hydracel, then a D-50 Hypro might be a better choice on that size truck.

As far as a Fuel cost saving with a Honda Gas engine, it will take a long time to make the break even point. First there is the cost of equipment and Setup. Then there is the cost of Starter motors for you diesel engine which will now be used multiply times each day. Ask your local Diesel Mechanic about that. Large Diesels engines require a lot of Tork to turn them over and Starter motors are a regular replacement item on Engines used on a stop and start bases. Those Starter Motors are not Cheap by any means

TG/CL spend a lot of Money having these trucks designed and built to Last. Why Jury rig a excellent design with second rate parts.

Dallas Turf
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
American Lawn,

Check Jumbo auto in Jupiter Fl. They strip allot of those trucks and usually have some pumps for sale. You could mount just about any other pump under the truck and belt drive it. btw I have a 96 model International like yours.

Ric
05-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Check Jumbo auto in Jupiter Fl. They strip allot of those trucks and usually have some pumps for sale. You could mount just about any other pump under the truck and belt drive it. btw I have a 96 model International like yours.

Jason

My biggest disappointment with my truck is the 12 MPG I get (which isn't that bad for a big commercial truck). However when the truck is drive a long distances with out spraying and not allowed to idle. I get the same MPG as I do, doing stop and go spray jobs not turning the engine off all day long. Have you tried to compare what Idling a truck all day long might be costing you in the way of fuel???? In my experience it is not costing me. All the Diesel Mechanics I talk to tell me it is better for the truck to Idle than to be restarted.

americanlawn
05-15-2007, 09:13 PM
D & V, seems that TruGreen wanted to keep the hydracell pump (s) for themselves. Personally I prefer switching over the the (Italian-made) Hypro. D-30 or whatever -- several choices. Plus, even LESCO sells 'em.
On the other hand, if your unit is intact, you may want to reinstall a hydracell pump. Ric has 'em. It's a toss up.

My prob with the TruGreen trucks is the van body>>plumbing is very difficult to access, and the "van" is very heavy. I say open it up by using a flatbed. Get rid of the TG van body & it's weight and install a flatbed (much better driving visability too), then utilize the 400 gallon tanks. Use the same stainless steel bracket plus 2 inch straps to hold it down on your flatbed.

Keep your diesel running -- it's easier on the engine, plus it won't cost you more in fuel unless you run it more than ten minutes or so.

Ric has the stuff you need, so call him. Otherwise, it's very easy to transform your unit for use regarding a Hypro pump. Hypro is the most popular pump in the lawn/tree industry nowadays, plus they can run dry without hurting them.

Lots of options. Good luck.
p.s. At least you have the finest tanks in the industry -- Tuflex (Pompano Beach, FLA).

Ric
05-15-2007, 11:35 PM
A.L.

The Brass in a Hydracel alone is worth a couple hundred dollars. They are not what I would call light by any means.

D & V

Yes I can hook you up and have PM my phone number back in answer to your PM.

americanlawn
05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Ric -- I quoted $300 + shipping for a used D-25 hydracell pump to D&V (pm). It came off a 1994 rhino (Isuzu), and I think we also put new diaphrams & O-rings in it. Now I'm thinking I should have asked for more than $300, but it's just taking up space.

We use a floor jack to lift them in place cuz they are so heavy (100 pounds?)

Shipping probably isn't cheap.

Ric -- I figure between you & me, one of us will be able to help him.

God bless, americanlawn

Ric
05-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Ric -- I quoted $300 + shipping for a used D-25 hydracell pump to D&V (pm). It came off a 1994 rhino (Isuzu), and I think we also put new diaphrams & O-rings in it. Now I'm thinking I should have asked for more than $300, but it's just taking up space.

We use a floor jack to lift them in place cuz they are so heavy (100 pounds?)

Shipping probably isn't cheap.

Ric -- I figure between you & me, one of us will be able to help him.

God bless, americanlawn

A.L.

I will take all the Hydracels you have at that Price. I really don't care which model they are and I can rebuild them myself, so no need to take the extra time.

americanlawn
05-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I hear ya, I'll wait to see if he wants the pump. I think these pumps originally cost close to $2000? Oh well - I'll stand behind my offer to him. Thanks.

americanlawn
05-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Ric - he has not yet followed through. I have two 25 hydracells with TG brackets too. Both are rebuilt. Your price: $800 each including shipping.

rscvp

Ric
05-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Ric - he has not yet followed through. I have two 25 hydracells with TG brackets too. Both are rebuilt. Your price: $800 each including shipping.

rscvp

IPG

You seem to have raised your price a little out of my range. I can buy those Pumps cheaper than $ 800.00. In Fact I told D&V I would sell him one for $ 750 and would be making a profit.

americanlawn
05-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Okay Ric ---- $400 bucks each. I'll crate them. Zip code here is 50313 (commercial). You pay for shipping. The other guy has not followed up, so please let me know.

Ric -- you have pissed me off on a couple occasions, but I realize you are as hard-headed as I am.

Let me know you S.O.B.(LOL), sincerely, americanlawn.

Ric
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Okay Ric ---- $400 bucks each. I'll crate them. Zip code here is 50313 (commercial). You pay for shipping. The other guy has not followed up, so please let me know.

Ric -- you have pissed me off on a couple occasions, but I realize you are as hard-headed as I am.

Let me know you S.O.B.(LOL), sincerely, americanlawn.

IPG

I am seriously Leary of doing business with you. Even if we could agree on a price, How could we do business since I don't trust you. I am not about to send the Money first. I am not going to accept a COD package I have not opened and tested. I don't care if the Diaphragms etc are bad, that is a maintenance Item.

americanlawn
05-24-2007, 03:16 PM
No prob. I am willing to ship them to you (you pay shipping). If you are satisfied, then you can pay me. If you are not satisfied, just ship them back to me. Keep in mind that these 2 pumps also come with the "L"-shaped brackets for easy bolt on.

Send me a PM if you are interested cuz I nolonger need them, and they are just taking up space.

Ric -- I'm sorry for overcriticizing you. I got defensive when you suggested I did not know about these pumps (I admit I did not provide enough info), and the pyrethrin deal (a "splitting hairs" thing which you were actually more acurate than I was).

I hope we will become friends here on this site.

Bottom line: Let me know if you want 1 or both pumps. I can crate them individually so they are a little easier to lift. I normally use www.freightcenter.com for the best selection & price of shippers.

My zip is 50313. It is a commercial location. Not sure what the weight of each pump is. I'll guess height = 24", length = 30", depth = 24". ???

Kind regards, americanlawn

Ric
05-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Larry

I believe I will pass on the pumps. Your original price was for $ 300 a Pump to an other member. Then you came back to me with a price of $ 800 each. Now you offered me a $ 400 each price. That is not the way I do business.

americanlawn
05-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I hear ya. $300 each. Please let me know. Thanks, americanlawn.

Ric
05-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Larry

I don't believe you fully understood my previous post, So I will spell it out for for. What little, if any Credibility you had with me went out the window when you tried to scam me with the 800 dollar price. I am not interested in doing business with you in any way, shape, or form.

Since you must be hurting for money and need to sell these pumps. I will tell you, That as much as I hate to see good equipment get junked, They will bring a pretty penny at the salvage yard. Copper is bring $ 3.50 a lb and Brass is close to that price. Unfortunately you can sell them of scrape for as much as working equipment.

americanlawn
05-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I want this on record that I offered to send two Hydracell-25 pumps to Ric for $300 each. He pays for shipping. If he is not satisfied, just return them.

Jeeze, that's about all I can do. So far, Ric is backing off this deal. I just want this on record on this site, cuz you may not be able to read my PM sent to him.

Ric - please post on this site rather than PM's from now on regarding my offer to you. You had your chance. You told me you could not trust me. I offerred you 2 pumps sent to you with no guarantee whatsoever. I really don't see how much better it can get??

Ric said he "cannot trust me". Problem with that is: I have UNLIMITED accounts with Scotts, LESCO, and UAP.

Ric -- think it through. Wrong as always???? Proof's in the pudding!

Michael J. Donovan
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
americanlawn and ric...I would think it would probably be best to just go your separate ways...no need to keep going back and forth with each other about who's right, who's wrong, who knows what, etc.

thanks guys

americanlawn
05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks Michael. Will do. In fact, I have stopped communicating (on purpose) with the individual who innitionally accused me of knowing nothing about the topic/pumps. Sorry if I indicated that I am familiar with these pumps (ChemLawn 1978 through current is actually true though). Keep in mind that I was "called out" cuz this member indicated that I knew nothing about the topic. Finally, I offered a 'money-back guarantee with no payment until he was satisfied with the product I sent (that's taking a risk on my part). I'm trying to be an honest helpful & member here. I really don't know what else I can offer?

One of my two D-25's has now been sold to a kind member on this site. Next time I say I know about equipment, I will think twice....unless I have several of these on hand and have decades of experience with the abovementioned items. Very sorry, I merely attempted to present facts/products/experience/up front guarantee. It will not happen again.

Michael J. Donovan
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
thanks americanlawn and I appreciate you clearing things up...I was not directing my response to just you, I wanted to let both of you know that it would probably be best to just move on rather than continue to beat a dead horse, so to speak.

no hard feelings here...take care and have a great day