PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat fuel label is wrong on my machine.

FiveOJoe
05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I ran out of fuel today on my new Bobcat Z. Left tank was out of fuel. I switched it over to the Right tank, which according to the label was straight down on the switch.

Would not start. I ended up walking back to the truck and getting some more fuel for the left tank. Took it back to the dealer and he said it has the wrong label on it, that LEFT is LEFT, RIGHT is RIGHT and straight down is off.

That is not what my label says.

FYI.

Anyone else have a label that says LEFT is LEFT, DOWN is RIGHT, and RIGHT is OFF????

Joe

pugs
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM
They probably grabbed the wrong label. I think the models with a Kohler EFI engine had a valve like that. The valve they use is different. Instead of having 3 ports on it, it has 6. So when you turn the valve from tank to tank you switch the feed and also the return line at the same time.

I am not 100% sure on that as I have only ever sold one EFI Bobcat. But I have seen a valve like I am talking about on a customers Toro with the EFI.

Dont ask my why they couldnt make the valve work the same as the other valve so there was no confusion or different labels.

Not sure why they couldnt just pipe the return line into the fuel line upstream of the fuel pump so you dont have to switch it. Although that wont work on some machines that have an in tank pump. But enough of my blabbering.

Probably a case of someone on the line sticking the wrong sticker in the wrong place.

FiveOJoe
05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
They probably grabbed the wrong label. I think the models with a Kohler EFI engine had a valve like that. The valve they use is different. Instead of having 3 ports on it, it has 6. So when you turn the valve from tank to tank you switch the feed and also the return line at the same time.

I am not 100% sure on that as I have only ever sold one EFI Bobcat. But I have seen a valve like I am talking about on a customers Toro with the EFI.

Dont ask my why they couldnt make the valve work the same as the other valve so there was no confusion or different labels.

Not sure why they couldnt just pipe the return line into the fuel line upstream of the fuel pump so you dont have to switch it. Although that wont work on some machines that have an in tank pump. But enough of my blabbering.

Probably a case of someone on the line sticking the wrong sticker in the wrong place.

That makes sense. Probably don't want to go past an OFF position when switching an EFI engine tanks. Not as critical with a carb. Just a guess.

Grits
05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Anti-theft device.

FiveOJoe
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Anti-work device:rolleyes: