PDA

View Full Version : Morell mushrooms - hmm tasty!

americanlawn
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
3 questions:

1) Are you finding any? yellows. greys.

2) Do you have accounts that request you wait until "mushroom season" is over before you spray? (we have 3)

3) Which do you find or prefer? (yellows or greys)

p.s. any favorite recipes?

IA_James
05-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Just fry 'em in butter. I'm thinking about trying something new this year though, got a pound in the fridge I need to do something to.

americanlawn
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Sounds good IA JAMES. I plan to hunt in the Saylorville area this Sunday. Temps hitting 80+ and lower humidity this week....hope I'm not too late.

We have two acreages that want us to wait to spray until mushroom season is over.

IA_James
05-11-2007, 09:42 AM
My uncle hunts down around Red Rock and that, he's come up with around 5 lbs or so. Should be popping as warm and moist as the ground is.

butler L&S
05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I found 80 of them around a dead Elm tree this past weekend. After looking (hunting) for about 2 hours I felt like I had hit the lottery. Cut in half, fry in butter, wash down with a beer.:drinkup:

americanlawn
05-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Congrats butler. Sounds like you hit the jackpot. Here (4 hours down I-35) the mushroom season has pretty much ended (now we will spray lawns that wanted us to wait until the season was over with). Last week was in the 80's with sunny skies & low humidity. Maybe we'll get a 2nd crop, but I'm not holding my breath. Find them while you can. Good luck. (I like your recipe)