PDA

View Full Version : kubota RADIO CONTROLLED 4WD MOWER!!!

Albemarle Lawn
08-11-2001, 03:03 PM
Pictured left near bottom is a brawy looking R/C Mower. This is too slick, Nick. Where can I buy one, anybody ever seen one?

http://www.kubota.co.jp/english/division/soil2.html

Check it out.

Albemarle Lawn
08-11-2001, 03:05 PM
Best way to protect driver from rollover. Must be the US Gov't regs won't allow it to be imported. Seems like something the Feds would do to protect us from our own stupidity.

Ken

TLS
08-11-2001, 04:23 PM
Back in the mid 80's I was at a "Demo-Days" or "Open House" put on by a (now closed) local dealer. Kubota was making a big move into the lawn mower (res. & comm.) field. Anyways they had this R/C mower there! From what I could remember, it looked very similar, except, it had THAT 80's look to it. I saw it, and it looked expensive, so I didn't even get the scoop on it. Matter of fact it wasn't until later when they demoed it that I saw it was R/C'ed! "Sorry about your rose bushes Mrs. Jones, I couldn't see them from inside of my airconditioned truck!!! They will grow back next year!"

LAWNGODFATHER
08-11-2001, 04:30 PM
Hey wonder if you can put 2 or 3 of these out on a crew with 1 guy and make it work

And what a add to run in paper for employee's

Operator or crew leader to run R/C lawn crew work by your self and mow 30 acres a day

Just look at the potential. HEE HEE

LGF:blob1:

Guido
08-11-2001, 04:41 PM
be good for is lazy homeowners who have too much money!!

From a commercial service standpoint the big plus that they probobly sell this on is for hillsides and unsafe mowing conditions that may endanger an operator. (i.e. hilly terrain, river banks, etc.)

I wouldn't think it would be any more productive on just mowing a flat lawn.

Albemarle Lawn
08-11-2001, 04:44 PM
Then,

We could drop these things off and let them cut grass like a herd of cows!

(Although the cow is a better machine because it turns grass into steak and ice cream).

The current B-757 jetliner has ATOFL (Automatic Take Off, Flight, and Landing). So a mower can be automated, too. The pilots are there to make decisions.

Ken

LAWNGODFATHER
08-11-2001, 04:44 PM
I know a R/C mower can't compete with a Lazer

Gwee-Doh!

LGF:blob1:

TLS
08-11-2001, 04:45 PM
You would need to purchase a HOT AIR BALLOON to get a bird-eye-view of the area to mow.

leeslawncare
08-11-2001, 06:20 PM
Heck guys if i was gonna hafta walk behind it with the control pad seems like i would rather jump on it an ride it !!! an i not right?

fireball
08-11-2001, 06:44 PM
Tommy is right. It has been around since the early eighties. Radio control was a misnomer since they really worked from between two aiming stakes via radio signals. Machines worked like a charm but the lawyers got involved and they became what is called an "attractive nusiance". In other words, if someone was driving down the street and saw your machine operating without a operator, he went off the road while looking at your machine instead watching where he was going, its your fault because you provided the nusiance to distract him. Swiming pools fall into the same legal quagmire. I think General Dynamics use some for some closed areas on military posts such as gun ranges.

65hoss
08-11-2001, 11:58 PM
Works for me, sit in the a/c truck and operate a controller. Just like the good ole days with frogger and a joystick. haha.

Hire a helper to trim, while you relax and cut.

crazygator
08-12-2001, 06:20 PM
Really cool but, what if it's like all the blasting zones. "Please turn off 2 way radios and cell phones". So I'm out, RCing my little cool mower and a chic drives by talking to her boyfriend on cell phone and WHAM! Mower goes crazy and eats customers roses and tomato plants. Do I have to then get "Radio Interference" insurance?.....LOL