PDA

View Full Version : Question about Liquid Momentum

Robt 05
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Been applying pesticides for only 3 seasons. Added some new commercial accounts in May and did a broadleaf spray and noticed some plant wilting (mainly hostas) for the first time. Not much rain yet in Columbus Ohio. Any ideas if this is lack of rain or did i get too much overspray on plants? Any ideas?

carcrz
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Did you just spray or has it been a little while? It takes a few days max for the wilting to start.

Robt 05
05-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes it has been a few days. I was under the impression momentum wasn't harmful to perennials like they are to annuals

ATVracer
05-10-2007, 09:56 PM
What do you think a dandelion is?

Grassworks Inc.
05-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Why are you spraying hosta's?

carcrz
05-10-2007, 10:04 PM
It is for all Broadleaf plants, not just the weeds.

Rcgm
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Been applying pesticides for only 3 seasons. Added some new commercial accounts in May and did a broadleaf spray and noticed some plant wilting (mainly hostas) for the first time. Not much rain yet in Columbus Ohio. Any ideas if this is lack of rain or did i get too much overspray on plants? Any ideas?

You hav ebeen applying for 3 years and just now figured if you get over spray on a hosta it will hurt it?:dizzy:

Are u licensed?

RCGM
Brad

LawnJohn
05-11-2007, 07:44 AM
NEVER spray ornamentals with Momentum or any 2,4d product.. The label clearly states this..

There are some products you can apply "over the top" of ornamentals, but Momentum definitely isn't one of them.

I won't come down on you because I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but it is IMPORTANT you read the label and ask your lesco rep for advice regarding ornamental beds. If you're not liscensed, get one. If you're not insured, get insurance.

Not doing any of the above is a lawsuit waiting to happen...or you'll be replacing what you damaged...

Regarding the Hostas..I'd water the crap out of them. If the damage is really bad, you'll probably have to replace them.

Robt 05
05-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank you Lawn John
I think over spray got me this time
glad to hear others make mistakes too
Lesson learned

mkroher
05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Dont' feel bad.. I've cooked a few hostas myself. Ugly plant anyways. It deserved it. :p

daveyo
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
You heard it once right? READ THE LABEL