PDA

View Full Version : Q4 thoughts/results

boats47
05-10-2007, 09:49 PM
What is everyones thoughts about about Q4? I know we have dissused this in earlier post, but I can't seem to find them. Is it really a replacement of Drive and Eliminate D? I was told it is the hottest thing on the market for a "every broadleaf under the sun" selective hebicide. I am supposed to get a sample from my Lesco guy to try out, I guess we see. Let me know if you have had favorable results with this product.

Thank you

boats

boats47
05-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I found some of past posts on the search button, I did know that it was working again. So if there is any new input let me know, sorry about that.

Nathan Robinson
05-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I as well just ordered some. I never even heard of it until like a month ago. I will let you know how it worked for me here in Southern Indiana

J&T Kiev
05-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Q4 is a good herbicide. Our area had a lot of crabgrass break thru last season; broadleaf weeds were problematic in some lawns too. I had good results on wild violets, Crab etc.Q4 is a good, very effective product, but not cost effective at all spraying large areas of broadleaf weeds, itís about 2.5 xís more expensive per k.

Grassworks Inc.
05-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I've been told that the manufacturer does not put enough Dismiss (FMC nutsedge herbicide) in Q4 to kill Nutsedge with one application. It's a 2 shot deal for nutsedge control.

turfsolutions
05-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Q4 is a great summertime herbicide. It will knock down crabgrass very well and still have the ability to control your broadleafs while your spot treating in the summer months. I usually have 2 back pack sprayers for the summer spot treatments, one with q4 and one with Manage. If you have just a few spots of nutsedge than I would use the q4 on it to save a trip back to the truck for the better nutsedge product, which is Manage mixed with soap.

Grassworks Inc.
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Or you could spike the Q4 with more Dismiss, and carry one backpack...

turfsolutions
05-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Not sure what Dismiss is. If it is as expensive as Manage, then not an option. Yes it would be great to carry one back pack, q4 helps that. How much is Dismiss per K and is it as effective as Manage?

Prolawnservice
05-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Or you could spike the Q4 with more Dismiss, and carry one backpack...

That what we use too, works very well, dismiss is expensive but a small bottle goes a very long way, and I believe the label says it has pre-emergent sedge control as well, I think it works better than manage.

Shades of Green LService
05-12-2007, 12:17 AM
What rate are you all mixing Q4 at?

boats47
05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all your input here. I would like to slime down the aray of chemicals I have to bring with me. But I guess if those bastard chemical companies did not make you buy 10 different products they would go out of bussiness. I think I will try out this Q4, we have a wicked problem with ground ivy. I use Elimate D right now and it does allright, but you have to use so much of it as compaired to other products. I am pretty sure I will not get rid of Drive, that **** works.