PDA

View Full Version : Let the planting begin

tjsquickcuts
05-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Here are some photos of the 1st home we did today. Got rained on doing the 2nd and 3rd so didnt get a chance to finish or take photos. Only bad thing with this home is they decided to keep the old pinestraw so we only planted flowers. Nine total flower beds and a total of 21 flats.
2 cracked pvc pipes from bed edging and the builders doing a poor job on the depth of the line. I went and talked with the Landscape guy for the Builder, and he agreed that it was a poor job. He wanted me to wait on his guys to come and repair it, but couldn't waste that kind of time. Luckily, I ran into a similar problem yesterday, and had all that I needed in the truck so we repaired it, and kept it moving. But all and all, it was a pretty good day. Flower planting is by far the most profitable.

tjsquickcuts
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
...more photos.....

tjsquickcuts
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM
....more.....and as you can see, they are building all around me, and most of the other homes that up already up are not sold, or I already have them.

sheshovel
05-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Both the landscaping job they did AND the irrigation job look really crappy, planted too close to the house, bad choice of trees in front beds and bad placement. Boring and unimaginative design.
Sprays miss- located, bad head placement and height, missing coverage and cockeyed. Also are getting water on the bricks which will cause staining, just bad work.
Looks like he lost a lot of the new plants in the main front flower bed and has started to loose a few trees too.
Do NOT trust those sprays to water your new plantings in, go hand water them in. They are overspraying them big time.
I just hate to see this kind of job done on a beautiful home like that. On any home for that matter. Sad..the client got crap for their $$.

tjsquickcuts
05-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I told the home owners they needed to hand water all beds for the next two weeks so that plants can root and start germinating. Theses are some high dollar homes, and I do agree that most of the shrubs are crap. Its amazing that people allow this, but they get so caught up on whats in the inside, and I will give it to this builder, he is a genius when it comes to building, but just has a horrible landscape manager, and a gang of Mexicans that just want to plant, dig, and lay sod. Dont even want to talk about all the drainage problems. But its been good for me because I have been able to contract out some complete renovations. The irrigation is a whole different story. This same house has a horrible irrigation job. There is a head behind the AC unit, behind tall shrubs, etc. I will get pics Monday, and will soon replace or reposition most of them.

orangeblossom
05-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I have to agree.....this WHOLE JOB is plain UGLY! I'd hate to be the ppl living in this house.

tjsquickcuts
05-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Well hopefully the flowers will take the attention away from everything else. Builders will cut every corner possible to keep his profit margin high. But alot of the shrubs took a real beating in March when we were 80 plus degrees for two weeks, and below freezing for the following two weeks. All the new growth died on everything. I am sure during their 90 day walk thru the builder will replace some of the really damaged shrubs, but it wont be much better then whats already there. New homes are always the hardest ones to upsell to because of the homeowner trying to purchase so many things at once. It usually takes a neighbor or two to have a renovation done, and then everybody else seems to jump on board. But anyway, nothing I can do at this point, we keep making recommendations. But I will say this, we are going to puts some crazy stripes on this lawn once it really fills in all the way with the turf tiger.....

sheshovel
05-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Great, maybe you will get in good with the homeowners here and get to do the renovations and fix all the mistakes the landscapers and irrigation guys made. Good $$ in that.

YardPro
05-13-2007, 09:19 PM
germinating???

you seeded something???

tjsquickcuts
05-13-2007, 11:26 PM
germinating???

you seeded something???

ger·mi·nate /ˈdʒɜrməˌneɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jur-muh-neyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–verb (used without object) 1. to begin to grow or develop.
2. Botany. a. to develop into a plant or individual, as a seed, spore, or bulb.
b. to put forth shoots; sprout; pullulate.

3. to come into existence; begin.
–verb (used with object) 4. to cause to develop; produce.
5. to cause to come into existence; create.

Thats from Dictionary.com....Like I said....:waving:

paponte
05-15-2007, 07:22 AM
How much are the houses in that area? Te houses look great, but I would have to agree the landscape could use some work.

tjsquickcuts
05-15-2007, 10:42 PM
These's home start at around Mid $600k, and up to 1.2 Mil. I think this house is around $600k.