PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Hydro 36" controls are just too jumpy?

G.M.Landscaping
05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I bought a used (40-50hrs) Husqvarna 36" hydro walkbehind. I've used belt and hydro's before, but this machine is very sensitive. They're so fast acting it's hard to do anything smooth. The only way too lessen this is turn down the throttle. but then it can't cut. Is there any adjustment to the dual hydro pumps? Any sugestions or Q's.

khouse
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
If it was equipped with dampers maybe someone took them off?

mini14
05-12-2007, 11:28 PM
thats why a 36 hydro is a no-no, sorry, u gonna have to live with it.

G.M.Landscaping
05-13-2007, 06:38 PM
thats why a 36 hydro is a no-no, sorry, u gonna have to live with it.

Never heard of that before. Currently I use a Lesco Hydro 48" and Lesco 36" belt. Anyone use a Lesco 36" hydro, and how is it?

Never heard of dampers?? What do they do.

thesargent
05-13-2007, 07:00 PM
well ill take a stab at it. i have a 36 huskey hydro. i have it throttled all the way up and then just control the speed thruogh the tracking lever, you know, the one that looks like a small gear shift in between the operating levers. the only time the hydros on mine are sensitive is when the speed control is set to full speed. ive probably confused you more that anything. hope something here helps.

G.M.Landscaping
09-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I thought I would update this, just to end this thread. I did this a couple days after I posted. If you just turn out the hydro adjusters an 1/8"-1/4" it solved all my problems. Only downfall was top speed, which was only used on transporting.

JimQ
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I thought I would update this, just to end this thread. I did this a couple days after I posted. If you just turn out the hydro adjusters an 1/8"-1/4" it solved all my problems. Only downfall was top speed, which was only used on transporting.

What do you mean by the "hydro adjusters"?

Are you refering to the link rods that connect the control levers to the pumps?

I think thesarget had it nailed above.

On the 36" Hydro, that's is the only way to limit the stroke of the pumps.

Q

G.M.Landscaping
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
What do you mean by the "hydro adjusters"?

Are you refering to the link rods that connect the control levers to the pumps?

I think thesarget had it nailed above.

On the 36" Hydro, that's is the only way to limit the stroke of the pumps.

Q
The red circle shows what I adjusted. If you turn them all the way out you can free-wheel the mower. Some walkbehind's have a "T" handle on them. Both pumps have them. When their turned all the way in you get full pressure. I loosened them 1/8"-1/4" to lessen the jumpy action.

Hope this explains it. BTW: My husky has the pistol grips, not esc.

JimQ
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Those are the bypass valves on the pumps. They are there to allow the mower to be moved while the engine is not running.

Be careful. The pump was not intended to be operated like that. Oil flowing through the bypass circiut will generate a lot of extra heat. I'd hate to see you kill your hydraulic system.

That machine of yours pre-dates me. Of course I've only been here 2-1/2 years. I didn't realize Husqvarna had made a pump and wheel motor 36" walk. Our 36's are either gear drive or IZT now.

Could you post a few more pics of the whole unit? I'd love to see it.

Take care,
Q

G.M.Landscaping
09-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Here's the mower. I hope I'm not ruining the pumps this way. This mower's hydro's were so fast acting before, it was hard to keep it from turfing the lawns. it seems to be the only solution.

What do you mean you only been here for 2-1/2 years? Do you work in a repair shop?

JimQ
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
That must have been released shortly after Husqvarna acquired Yazoo Kees. Nice mower! A true pump/wheel motor machine. Like I said earlier, they are either IZT or gear drive today.

No, not a repair shop, I oversee testing, compliance, and prototyping here at Husqvarna Turf Care in Beatrice NE. It a fun job. Just PM me if you ever have any questions I might be able to help you out with.

Take care,
Q

khouse
09-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I think I would just close off the valves and run the engine at 3200 rpm's. Or if theres room you could install larger pulleys on the pumps.