PDA

View Full Version : Ams oil is it good or bad????

TazLandscapes
05-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I have a 2 2001 dodge 2500 trucks with 5,9 liter V8 engines.I had the oil changed about a month or so ago with napa oil and napa oil filters. well my truck which pulls a 16ft landscape trailer.When i checked it was almost empty.But a friend of mine has ams oil in his entire truck.from the engine and transmission to the rear end and whatever else he has and says it is a good investmet because it will be better than regular motor oil and will help with gas cost and helps gain horsepower. I know it is a costly investment.I just want something better than napa's crap.

Mike DiBiase
Taz Lawncare

MHM
05-13-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't know about Ams oil but NAPA oil is Valvaline in a blue bottle. The filters are made by WIX both are good companies so you may want to check the motor over a little

carcrz
05-13-2007, 12:38 AM
If you've got a lot of miles on your rig, you might want to reconsider switching to a synthetic, mainly because it can find its way into gaps much easier & cause leaks. For me, I have 47500 miles on my '05 Cummins & I just decided to run Amsoil in it. As it was getting some miles it, it was just starting to get a bit loud, now she purrs like she did when I brought her home.

TazLandscapes
05-13-2007, 12:48 AM
I have about 60 thousand miles on my truck and 140,000 miles on my other truck.both trucks just got a complete tuneup about two months ago and i was more of thinking of getting amsoil because it is alot thicker than regular motor oil and would help keep everything lubricated when towing a full loaded landscape trailer up a hill.

Mike DiBiase
Taz Lawncare