PDA

View Full Version : Field Mowing

Duekster
05-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Any one ever use their Dixie Chopper or similar equipment for Field Mowing? The field is nice and level but has been allowed to grow up with all the Rain.

I know the field is clean because it is an outlot near a shoping center I service. I am not sure I want to use the Chopper in 2~3 foot grass.

slclawn
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
My deere's have been known to chew threw some 2 foot to five foot grass before so your dixie (might) be able to do it just be careful and charge for the added wear and tear. :cool2:

start2finish
05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
careful this can stretch the belts. why not bushhog it or sub that out to get it down manageable. then mow over it to take it in the lawn

Duekster
05-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks,

We decided to sub it out.

Ramairfreak98ss
05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks,

We decided to sub it out.

yeah, i cut one yard before, 3 acres almost that was probably 15-24" tall in most areas.. it was thick underneath... with my 61" deck ferris and 27hp kohler, it took a beating...

Granted i have a mulch kit installed, but i did take off the end block off plate, so really only keeps the grass chopping up on the two end blades a bit longer, but still was discharging it.. it sucked.

I still to this day think i was a nut for doing that to my machine, i swore id snap a belt by the end of the afternoon. Id never do it again, use a small sub or compact tractor with a bushog rear mower, the one with the large blade or a flail mower

Grass Hand
01-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Dixie is known for bush hogging ....they test this at the factory. As they have nothing that looks like real grass in Green Castle IN all they cut is weeds. Its hill billy engineering at its best.

White Gardens
01-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Dixie is known for bush hogging ....they test this at the factory. As they have nothing that looks like real grass in Green Castle IN all they cut is weeds. Its hill billy engineering at its best.

I've been to GreenCastle and the factory, and yes they do have nice grass there. What's your point for pulling up old threads and bashing them.

I grew up on a farm with 35 people in my graduating class. So be careful who your calling hillbillies, your bound to tick someone off.

Grass Hand
01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
My error for the reply to an old posting , one of my guys left it up on the screen and I just replied.
As for your home and schooling issues thats not what I was talking about when I used Hill Billy. Should have used blacksmithing .
The term grass is a relative to location I guess.